If the rumors are true then the Wii U has already beaten the Nextbox

#1NintendoXGamesPosted 4/8/2013 1:22:29 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536163

Apparently Microsoft is launching a 99$ Xbox 360 codenamed "Stingray" this November alongside of the Next Xbox.
According to Paul this is because the next Xbox isn't going to offer backwards compatibility for 360 games.

He mentions that it's going to be expensive. Apparently around 500$ for a normal unit, or 300$ for a subscription model.
It was also relayed to him that the device does indeed require a constant internet connection to function

Next up is the Wii U beating the ps4
#2deathslovePosted 4/8/2013 1:25:45 AM
WiiUssurance topic #2344523423

why do you care?
#3NintendoXGames(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 1:28:17 AM
deathslove posted...

why do you care?

nextbox fanboy is mad
#4SixSixSevenEighPosted 4/8/2013 1:41:10 AM
NintendoXGames posted...
deathslove posted...

why do you care?

nextbox fanboy is mad

http://i.imgur.com/tcFTq0t.gif
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#5RiaanYsterPosted 4/8/2013 1:49:53 AM
If xbox really does this 'always online' thing, which i would't be suprised about, microsoft is after all the kings of forcing DRM stuff onto their users, that would basically mean them losing all their clients in places like here in South Africa.

It's fine and dandy assuming everyone has internet, and then that everyone has fast and reliable internets but IRL it just doesn't work that way. Here the internet is damn slow and unreliable and expensive. To such an extent that i don't even bother having it. I know people who have xboxes and also dont' have internet. But it's not just here, there are millions of gamers in, let's call it, 3rd world countries, who either have such bad options for internet that they don't bother.

It seems a very arrogant and presumption move from microsoft. meanwhile people are trolling nintentdo because you need to DL a patch (which you don't need to do even). Also, not being backward compatible is terrible. Also, nothing new from microsoft.
#6TheCelticArcherPosted 4/8/2013 3:09:52 AM
RiaanYster posted...
If xbox really does this 'always online' thing, which i would't be suprised about, microsoft is after all the kings of forcing DRM stuff onto their users, that would basically mean them losing all their clients in places like here in South Africa.

It's fine and dandy assuming everyone has internet, and then that everyone has fast and reliable internets but IRL it just doesn't work that way. Here the internet is damn slow and unreliable and expensive. To such an extent that i don't even bother having it. I know people who have xboxes and also dont' have internet. But it's not just here, there are millions of gamers in, let's call it, 3rd world countries, who either have such bad options for internet that they don't bother.

It seems a very arrogant and presumption move from microsoft. meanwhile people are trolling nintentdo because you need to DL a patch (which you don't need to do even). Also, not being backward compatible is terrible. Also, nothing new from microsoft.

It's pretty terrible in first world countries as well, like in the United States.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Fallout 3 (360), Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#7IloveElitePosted 4/8/2013 3:21:28 AM
Keep trying to convince yourself TC :D
#8BuretsuPosted 4/8/2013 3:23:43 AM
IloveElite posted...
Keep trying to convince yourself TC :D

It's a little early to declare victory just yet, but you have to admit it's a pretty dumb thing for Microsoft to do.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#9DBeanPosted 4/8/2013 3:25:05 AM
deathslove posted...
why do you care?

To be fair, I actually do care because I don't want to see Microsoft's current strategy to succeed. Let's face it, if any company actually abandoned their own fans for awhile, it would be MS. They saw what Nintendo was doing and cashed in on it with the Kinect while providing none of the software that made the Wii compelling, at least in my opinion.

They're also the company that released a defective piece of hardware, have increased the price of online by $10 as the gen has gone on, and are the ones I most associate with the nickel and dime treatment when it comes to their customers. No thank you. I gave up on them in 2009 when their machine gave out on me for the second time in a three year span. Thankfully, it was under warranty the first time due to the aforementioned terrible hardware.

So yeah. I don't care whether or not the Wii U is the best console on the market, but letting Microsoft continue to get away with what they've done in the industry over the last generation is a slippery slope I don't want to see gaming go.
#10Omega_BlackPosted 4/8/2013 3:29:55 AM
No backward compatibility on the Next Xbox is only a rumor however it does look more and more likely.

A shame too, because I was looking to MS to give me better news after Sony's iffy presentation in February. Sadly it's just been one disappointment after another.

Guess I'll just invest in a decent gaming rig and stick with Wii U, Vita and 3DS as my consoles. =/
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168