I want a list of 3rd party developers that are supposedly "jumping ship"...

#11kdognumba1Posted 4/9/2013 8:53:46 AM
As far as I know just EA with Madden and Battlefield, both of which were talked about on stage at E3 2011 by John Ricatello but never came into fruition because of some behind the scenes falling out. You also had Aliens Colonial Marines but that didn't go to the system because it was a bad game and Sega didn't want to spend anymore on it.

That's it as far as I can tell. Anything else is just rumors or games that weren't coming to the system in the first place. Oh and in the case of Battlefield, the devs already came out and said the engine is doable on the Wii U, which defused EA's reasoning. I would guess this is also the case with other EA devs/partners and their engines but this is just speculation.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#12Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/9/2013 9:08:24 AM
Are the fanboys still in denial about the horrible third party support? I guess wording questions in ways that make the third party support look less disatrous than it already is works
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif
#13EternalWolfPosted 4/9/2013 12:39:19 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Any company that has had a major game released after the Wii U yet did not have a Wii U port can be included to this list.

If we are being pessimistic, anything released after the first 3 months of the Wii U ("Launch Window" as it was called)

Tomb Raider would take up to a year to release on the Wii U, as would many games with major engines that arent coded for it. Ports would likely be done by outside developers as well, as it just doesnt make sense to spend the time or resources of the original developers to port a game.

Most of the games released since the release of the Wii U have been in development for years, most of the developers are worried about finishing up the project and moving to the next instead of literally making a whole new engine(for the Wii U) and porting the assets of the original game.

This is not the Wii U losing 3rd party support, this is not developers jumping ship. This is develoeprs finishing up old projects, such as GTAV, for their original platforms instead of hiring a brand new team and/or delaying the release of the original game for the sake of a new platform.

Few companies are willing to do what Ubisoft did with Rayman Legends. In order to get these games for the Wii U, the release would have to be delayed up to a year, especially for a 3d engine. The developer could either profit now or waste money and profit later. However, the 360 and PS3s userbase is far greater than the WIi U's for obvious reasons.

To suggest that any multi-platform game on the 360 or PS3 wouldnt run better on the WIi U if developed from scratch, outside of the assets of course, is ludicrous and makes little sense. Outside of Most Wanted, which runs on a very versatile engine, which ports to the Wii U have been developed by the original team AND have been developed from the ground up for the Wii U?

Notice how the Wii U isnt missing out on PS3 and 360 multi-platform games that just started development within the last few months?

Just because some developer makes a half-ass port for the Wii U doesnt mean the Wii U cant handle the game better than other consoles. Hell, if for some reason NSMBU was ported to the PS4 by me and you I am willing to bet it wouldnt turn out as good as the Wii U version. Does that mean the PS4 cant run it? Is the N64 more powerful than the Wii U because it runs OoT and MM better than the Wii U or Wii does? I dont think so.
#14Sailor GoonPosted 4/9/2013 1:07:27 PM
Third party support is only part of the problem. The main issue is there is zero first party support for this system. Who cares about the third party games right now when you can get them for not only cheaper on current gen systems, but they also look and run better?
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#15SuichimoPosted 4/9/2013 2:23:19 PM
STE573 posted...
Third party devs aren't jumping ship as much as just not interested in the first place. The amount of devs that came out and said the Wii U was an interesting and exciting prospect who probably had no intent on supporting in the first place is what people are most likeld angry about. Devs like- Crytek and Epic that were nigh on pledging support for the Wii U and then look now, about a year after those comments were made we have nothing not even a hint of support coming and Epic even out and out mocked the Wii U.

The best third party support by far has come from Ubisoft, and whilst that is a good thing, it almost certainly isn't going to last long when the other next gen consoles arrive.

So whilst a list of 3rd Party Devs that are jumping ship cannot exist due to them not really jumping ship, a list of devs that are not touching the Wii U despite expressing interest in the platform prior to launch could be quite substantial.

In Crytek's defense, Crysis 3 was basically finished when EA pulled the plug on it.

Sailor Goon posted...
Third party support is only part of the problem. The main issue is there is zero first party support for this system. Who cares about the third party games right now when you can get them for not only cheaper on current gen systems, but they also look and run better?

Third parties should love this time then. They don't have to compete with all those Nintendo first parties that they can't compete with despite having done so in the past.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#16NamcoMuseum2Posted 4/9/2013 2:30:12 PM
The only two companies that are actually supporting the Wii U are Ubisoft and Platinum, everyone else jumped ship.
#17P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/9/2013 2:32:19 PM
EternalWolf posted...
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Any company that has had a major game released after the Wii U yet did not have a Wii U port can be included to this list.

If we are being pessimistic, anything released after the first 3 months of the Wii U ("Launch Window" as it was called)

Tomb Raider would take up to a year to release on the Wii U, as would many games with major engines that arent coded for it. Ports would likely be done by outside developers as well, as it just doesnt make sense to spend the time or resources of the original developers to port a game.

Most of the games released since the release of the Wii U have been in development for years, most of the developers are worried about finishing up the project and moving to the next instead of literally making a whole new engine(for the Wii U) and porting the assets of the original game.

This is not the Wii U losing 3rd party support, this is not developers jumping ship. This is develoeprs finishing up old projects, such as GTAV, for their original platforms instead of hiring a brand new team and/or delaying the release of the original game for the sake of a new platform.

Few companies are willing to do what Ubisoft did with Rayman Legends. In order to get these games for the Wii U, the release would have to be delayed up to a year, especially for a 3d engine. The developer could either profit now or waste money and profit later. However, the 360 and PS3s userbase is far greater than the WIi U's for obvious reasons.

To suggest that any multi-platform game on the 360 or PS3 wouldnt run better on the WIi U if developed from scratch, outside of the assets of course, is ludicrous and makes little sense. Outside of Most Wanted, which runs on a very versatile engine, which ports to the Wii U have been developed by the original team AND have been developed from the ground up for the Wii U?

Notice how the Wii U isnt missing out on PS3 and 360 multi-platform games that just started development within the last few months?

Just because some developer makes a half-ass port for the Wii U doesnt mean the Wii U cant handle the game better than other consoles. Hell, if for some reason NSMBU was ported to the PS4 by me and you I am willing to bet it wouldnt turn out as good as the Wii U version. Does that mean the PS4 cant run it? Is the N64 more powerful than the Wii U because it runs OoT and MM better than the Wii U or Wii does? I dont think so.

*golf clap*
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Mirror of Fate, Monster Hunter 3U
#18Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/9/2013 2:33:24 PM
Third parties should love this time then. They don't have to compete with all those Nintendo first parties that they can't compete with despite having done so in the past.

The problem is that the first party games sell consoles (for Nintendo more than any other company). This gives the third parties a bigger user base. No first party games = small user base = less software sales = annoyed third parties.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif