Gritty reboots CAN be good.

#1ADHDguitarPosted 4/8/2013 12:54:07 PM
Now, obviously, some games don't need gritty reboots, (Pokemon, Mario ect.) but they can be a good thing in some cases.

Tomb Raider made me realize this. It's a freaking amazing game, and in my opinion, a welcome change from the old series.

So, are there any Nintendo series that you think would benefit from a darker reboot?
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#2SlimeSwayzePosted 4/8/2013 12:57:03 PM
Nothing comes to mind. I did like the new Tomb Raider, though, even if it did wear a little thin towards the end and had no replay value. It was still a fun ride while it lasted.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#3Enigma149Posted 4/8/2013 1:00:26 PM
Key word being "can".

On topic, I suppose Zelda could get a darker entry, though I wouldn't want it to be a reboot completely. EarthBound could also get a dark and gritty reboot - it would surely make more sense than everything else in the series.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#4ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 1:04:01 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Key word being "can".

On topic, I suppose Zelda could get a darker entry, though I wouldn't want it to be a reboot completely. EarthBound could also get a dark and gritty reboot - it would surely make more sense than everything else in the series.

Agreed, which is why I emphasized "can." Also, I think Zelda could get a darker entry without rebooting as well. So far we've gone from dark to light in a pattern for a while.

Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

I could go for a darker game now, personally.
---
#5elheberPosted 4/8/2013 1:09:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6elheberPosted 4/8/2013 1:12:26 PM
Not necessarily "gritty", but there's this one flashy anime movie about racers in the future that I'd love F-Zero to lean towards. I forgot the name of it, but the main character races a modified yellow classic muscle car.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#7ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 1:12:32 PM
elheber posted...
Not necessarily "gritty", but there's this one flashy anime movie about racers in the future that I'd love F_l-Zero to lean towards. I forgot the name of it, but the main character races a modified yellow classic muscle car.

Redline. I have it on Blu-Ray.

You sir, are now 100% cooler for actually knowing about that movie.
---
#8ChipChippersonPosted 4/8/2013 1:14:22 PM
Metroid. I wouldn't mind a more Dead Space style horror vibe.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#9Bahamut_10thPosted 4/8/2013 1:16:35 PM
Tomb Raider wasn't a good example considering they did an Other M on Lara.
#10ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 1:17:48 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Tomb Raider wasn't a good example considering they did an Other M on Lara.

Hell no they didn't.

New Lara is way more badass than old Lara. In fact, Other M needed to be more like Tomb Raider '13.
---