Gritty reboots CAN be good.

#11ninsony12Posted 4/8/2013 1:19:47 PM
I would hate for nintendo to reboot anything. It would neglect the incredibly strong history all of nintendo's series have.
---
Wii sports sold zero copies - demon dog
#12elheberPosted 4/8/2013 1:20:17 PM
That's the one! If F-Zero focused a bit more on outlandish, eccentric racers and listening to their radio chatter as they cheat and make each other crash spectacularly, it would do the genre justice. Plus a flamboyant art style!
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#13nonexistingheroPosted 4/8/2013 1:36:33 PM
Meh, it's more important that a game stays true to its roots. The new Tomb Raider is not a Tomb Raider game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#14Jack_the_monke7Posted 4/8/2013 2:40:38 PM
Mach Rider. One of tne main Nintendo ips I can see being really great with a "gritty" update. really great graphics, detailed HD post-apocalyptic world, cool robot enemies, and great fast-paced shooting/racing gameplay. T-rated with fun gameplay, yet an atmosphere, story, and "yay gunz!" that will appeal to some of the "hardcore" crowd.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#15IokuaPosted 4/8/2013 2:45:44 PM
We must have differing definitions of gritty, as Tom Raider was not gritty in the least.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#16ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 4:32:11 PM
Iokua posted...
We must have differing definitions of gritty, as Tom Raider was not gritty in the least.

Then what in the hell would you call gritty?

Did I just imagine the rotting pile of corpses?
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#17RioichiCooperPosted 4/8/2013 4:38:01 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Tomb Raider wasn't a good example considering they did an Other M on Lara.

No. Just no. While almost unrecognizable at the beginning, the Lara at the end is pretty much Old Lara.
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#18tizzywilkillyouPosted 4/8/2013 4:49:02 PM
Metroid or F-Zero (open world-ish type game could be cool).
#19IokuaPosted 4/8/2013 4:49:28 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Iokua posted...

Dark is not the same thing as gritty, not even remotely the same thing. Gritty is Max Payne, things of that nature.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#20Virus66Posted 4/8/2013 5:32:56 PM
Iokua posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Iokua posted...

Dark is not the same thing as gritty, not even remotely the same thing. Gritty is Max Payne, things of that nature.

True... Some of Lara's deaths and kill animations can be pretty dark and grisly, but the game is hardly gritty.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?