Ocarina of Time bad port on WIi or just WIi U?

#1EternalWolfPosted 4/8/2013 1:24:00 PM
There are some pretty noticeable audio glitches when playing OoT on the VC, but I have never had this game on a regular Wii so I dont know if its normal. Also, when you go to the WIi menu and then go back to the game, you get a black screen. The Wii Menu isnt even displayed properly either, it doesnt fill the screen like it does in SM64 and every other VC game I have played.

Just wondering if this is normal for everyone or not. If you dont check on your Wii U or if this wasnt a known issue on the Wii as well then I dont care what your answer/opinion is. Just asking here before I call Nintendo about this.
#2zatOMGPosted 4/8/2013 1:36:55 PM
Just call them. Why would you ask a board full of asses?
#3RockD79Posted 4/8/2013 1:39:25 PM
EternalWolf posted...
There are some pretty noticeable audio glitches when playing OoT on the VC, but I have never had this game on a regular Wii so I dont know if its normal. Also, when you go to the WIi menu and then go back to the game, you get a black screen. The Wii Menu isnt even displayed properly either, it doesnt fill the screen like it does in SM64 and every other VC game I have played.

Just wondering if this is normal for everyone or not. If you dont check on your Wii U or if this wasnt a known issue on the Wii as well then I dont care what your answer/opinion is. Just asking here before I call Nintendo about this.

To be honest I haven't tested my VC games on the U yet. They're there but just haven't putz with them yet. The audio glitch I don't recall having that issue before on my Wii's VC but I do remember that Majora's Mask had a notice upon purchase that it had some minor audio glitches. Nothing too terrible though. What's the audio glitch doing on your VC?
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider, next up: N4SU... unless Target.com fumbles my order.
#4SlimeSwayzePosted 4/8/2013 1:58:52 PM
I know that Majora's Mask had audio issues on the VC (and on the Zelda Collection disc for GCN). Not sure about OoT. I know it played fine in the collection, but I never played it on VC.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#5Auction SniperPosted 4/8/2013 2:50:43 PM
It's emulation - even most PC based N64 emulators have glitches because they aim for speed rather than accuracy.
---
Now playing: Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3), Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WiiU), Keio Yuugekitai (MCD)