the upcoming releases are pathetic.

#1ShiftyCatPosted 4/8/2013 2:02:53 PM
How do you screw up this much at releasing a console? They should have delayed it until the games were ready. Everyone argues ps3's first year was bad but it really wasn't. Uncharted, Resistance, Cod4, Ratchet and Clank.

Who ever is calling the shots at Nintendo needs to pull their head out of the arse. My Wii U hasn't turned on since Boxing day after I got my Wii U for xmas.

Why buy a new console when the current ones are getting so many great games. (Tomb Raider, DMC, Hitman, Last of Us, GTA5, Bioshock Infinite.) Pikmin 3 will be good no doubt but it isn't and will never be a system seller. Where the hell is it anyway?

Nintendo had one year to get a nice user population. Instead it's just flopping around when everyone I talk to is looking forward to the new Xbox and Ps4 this fall. With no install base there will be no third party games. People from outside the company need to paint a picture of the gaming world to Nintendo. They have the IPs. Just a lack of brains sometimes.

I doubt there will be a miracle at E3. I'll hold out my hope though. If they ever do release some good first party content, i'll buy it. At least the 3DS is great. it's one of the best systems ever.

To end things, please buy back Rare's Ips. All will be good then.
---
X360 : PoopMyster PS3 : Shiftycat
#2Rasputin77Posted 4/8/2013 2:04:57 PM
3DS is certainly the bomb.
---
576527726520616C6C2067616D6572732E
#3KAMMYqueenPosted 4/8/2013 2:06:00 PM
ShiftyCat posted...
How do you screw up this much at releasing a console? They should have delayed it until the games were ready. Everyone argues ps3's first year was bad but it really wasn't. Uncharted, Resistance, Cod4, Ratchet and Clank.

Who ever is calling the shots at Nintendo needs to pull their head out of the arse. My Wii U hasn't turned on since Boxing day after I got my Wii U for xmas.

Why buy a new console when the current ones are getting so many great games. (Tomb Raider, DMC, Hitman, Last of Us, GTA5, Bioshock Infinite.) Pikmin 3 will be good no doubt but it isn't and will never be a system seller. Where the hell is it anyway?

Nintendo had one year to get a nice user population. Instead it's just flopping around when everyone I talk to is looking forward to the new Xbox and Ps4 this fall. With no install base there will be no third party games. People from outside the company need to paint a picture of the gaming world to Nintendo. They have the IPs. Just a lack of brains sometimes.

I doubt there will be a miracle at E3. I'll hold out my hope though. If they ever do release some good first party content, i'll buy it. At least the 3DS is great. it's one of the best systems ever.

lol
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
#4RotuhiiriPosted 4/8/2013 2:17:23 PM
Learn your lesson and don't buy another console at launch. The Wii U has had a decent launch period as far as consoles go. Not great, not good but perfectly normal.

The Wii U hasn't had a year on the market either while Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted came very late within the PS3's first year.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#5huyiPosted 4/8/2013 2:20:13 PM
ShiftyCat posted...

don't hold your breath for too long you will suffocate in disappointment, rare is finished as a company, all the original team left rare a long time ago so they are not coming back.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#6amaravatiPosted 4/8/2013 2:24:30 PM
I agree that it's never a good idea to buy a console at launch. I certainly have learned my lesson.
#7jubranyPosted 4/8/2013 5:47:14 PM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Learn your lesson and don't buy another console at launch. The Wii U has had a decent launch period as far as consoles go. Not great, not good but perfectly normal.

I disagree. And when the only games firmly coming out from Nintendo this year are New Mario DLC, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD remake, and maybe Yoshi's Yarn... well, things do not look good.

Just looking at the release schedule for Wii U on GameFAQs is painful. This coming from a huge N fan. Only Nintendo consoles I don't have is Virtual Boy and Wii U (also famicom DD and 64 DD but those never came Stateside). Put it this way: going by what's currently available on Wii U versus the 15 or so games that exist for Vitual Boy, I'd say the VB game library is still more compelling than what the Wii U has available to play right now. Call me biased, but the Wii U seems more and more like a bad mistake for Nintendo. They really hurt themselves by laying down their weapons in the console arms race after the GameCube.

If you're going to have a platform that is not friendly to multiplatform development, then you need a bevy of first party games. Nintendo have failed themselves by not having any decent first party games for their new system and no firm release dates for their next games on the system.
#8STN79Posted 4/8/2013 6:00:40 PM
You don't even know all the upcoming releases yet. Why don't you wait until the system is at least a year old before making all these assumptions?
In the meantime check through this list before adding to the already ridiculous amount of crying topics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U_games
#9Oni_TaedoPosted 4/8/2013 6:05:28 PM
Out of all of those, only Ratchet and Clank was any good.
Actually R&C is the only reason to have a PS3.
It's the only exclusive worth getting.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#10jubranyPosted 4/8/2013 6:10:00 PM(edited)
STN79 posted...
You don't even know all the upcoming releases yet. Why don't you wait until the system is at least a year old before making all these assumptions?
In the meantime check through this list before adding to the already ridiculous amount of crying topics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U_games

The system is about half a year old and there are no firm release dates for anything from Nintendo. Furthermore, the games coming out in the first year from Nintendo are not system sellers. By the end of the 1st year Wii had Mario Galaxy. Wii U will have no such game. If you do not think this is a problem, you are in denial. Nintendo needs system sellers in the here and now if it wants to compete against their industry rivals.