the upcoming releases are pathetic.

#21P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/8/2013 8:28:59 PM
jubrany posted...
STN79 posted...
You don't even know all the upcoming releases yet. Why don't you wait until the system is at least a year old before making all these assumptions?
In the meantime check through this list before adding to the already ridiculous amount of crying topics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U_games

The system is about half a year old and there are no firm release dates for anything from Nintendo. Furthermore, the games coming out in the first year from Nintendo are not system sellers. By the end of the 1st year Wii had Mario Galaxy. Wii U will have no such game. If you do not think this is a problem, you are in denial. Nintendo needs system sellers in the here and now if it wants to compete against their industry rivals.

3D Mario and Mario Kart aren't system sellers? Okay...

And I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinions TC.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Mirror of Fate, Monster Hunter 3U
#22AstralFrostPosted 4/8/2013 8:29:01 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Any real non-jaded gamer who owns a Wii U and has not purchased Lego City Undercover is doing themselves a grievous disservice.

Agreed, because without that there are what, 3 games that aren't last gen's ports?
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#23NarutoPosted 4/8/2013 8:34:48 PM
I was thinking of buying LEGO City Undercover, but as it turns out, I was right in the middle of playing Tomb Raider when LEGO was released. Then Bioshock Infinite was released right after I was done with Lara. I haven't turned on my Wii U in months. I'll wait it out on LEGO City Undercover, I have enough unopened games waiting for me.
#24Reflex-ArcPosted 4/8/2013 8:45:59 PM
Naruto posted...
I was thinking of buying LEGO City Undercover, but as it turns out, I was right in the middle of playing Tomb Raider when LEGO was released. Then Bioshock Infinite was released right after I was done with Lara. I haven't turned on my Wii U in months. I'll wait it out on LEGO City Undercover, I have enough unopened games waiting for me.

I'll stop just short of calling LCU brilliant, but it really is rather good.

Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite are both on my list of must play games, but I'll certainly want to play them on PC and I'm waiting for the inevitable Steam sale. :)
#25STN79Posted 4/8/2013 8:53:17 PM
@ jubrany

Four months is not half a year. We're not even close to the end of the first year With Wii U.
How the hell do you know what Nintendo is up to? Do you have some inside info you'd like to share? Also your opinion of a system seller is not necessarily what others think. Nintendo isn't trying to compete with the other companies. They have said many times that they are doing their own thing and just want to make games people will enjoy.
This early in PS3's life was pretty pathetic too or did you totally forget?
#26_Sovereign_Posted 4/8/2013 9:55:21 PM
Naruto posted...

Tomb Raider was a fantastic reboot, even if it turned into a corridor shooter and the mainstay of the series, i.e. the "tombs" became 2 minute sidequests. Bioshock, while I thoroughly enjoy it, is really nothing special. It's a great game, done by a great team, but hardly gives that jaw-dropping awe that the original gave us.

Lego City however, is unlike any Lego game to come before. They have carefully taken their time and crafted an original story, in a sandbox style with which they are unfamiliar with, and have done it better on new hardware than most of the proclaimed "sandbox" titles on the 360/PS3. They proved they can create their own IP, and make it feel alive, instead of depending on established IPs.

Also, I don't remember who said it, but R&C was the only reason to get a PS3 until it's one year anniversary when Uncharted came out. After that was MGS4....that's 3 games worth having for two years.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#27FFXIgaiaknightPosted 4/8/2013 9:58:59 PM
to be fair TC this topic would be better suited after the wii u hits its 1 year anniversary as we have no clue what nintendo has planed for the second half of the year. If nintendo would hurry up and announce pikmin 3, game & wario, and wonderful 101 release dates maybe my wii u wouldnt be a monster hunter and call of duty machine.
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U)
NNI: Gaiaknight