You are hired as a consultant by Nintendo to improve Wii U sales

#1iKhanicPosted 4/8/2013 5:01:19 PM(edited)
What do you tell them to do?

Here's what I'd say.

I announce the release date for Pikmin 3 ASAP. And begin doing a tremendous amount of advertising for it.

I would then make it as cheap as possible to develop for the Wii U, giving out D-kits for free, and not charging to publish on the Wii U (i'm not sure if they do this or not). This way, it becomes extremely cheap to develop it.

Lastly, I would make more games compatible with the Pro controller, and sell the system cheaper without the gamepad, and with the Pro controller instead. Keep selling the more expensive version with it, but then keep a cheaper model w/ the pro controller

EDIT: Made my reasoning a bit clearer.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2AstralFrostPosted 4/8/2013 4:50:22 PM
Drop the Wii U and start releasing games on another system.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#3BuretsuPosted 4/8/2013 4:51:52 PM
AstralFrost posted...

RIP, this topic. Didn't even make it to a single post..
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4PulpPosted 4/8/2013 4:52:40 PM
AstralFrost posted...

---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#5xHOJUxPosted 4/8/2013 4:53:03 PM
iKhanic posted...

Lastly, I would make more games compatible with the Pro controller, and sell the system cheaper without the gamepad, and with the Pro controller instead.

This right here. I don't think they are going to be able to compete with the PS4/Next Box without being substantially cheaper than their competition, and the second screen is what makes the WiiU so expensive.
---
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spinning-pile-driver/id481542152
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 4:56:12 PM
xHOJUx posted...
iKhanic posted...

Lastly, I would make more games compatible with the Pro controller, and sell the system cheaper without the gamepad, and with the Pro controller instead.

This right here. I don't think they are going to be able to compete with the PS4/Next Box without being substantially cheaper than their competition, and the second screen is what makes the WiiU so expensive.

It's not that the 2nd screen isn't a good idea, and its not that I don't think the Wii U will be cheaper than the other consoles. It's just I don't think it will be by a margin that it will be the biggest selling point of the system. I think if they include the option to not have the gamepad, they can make price the system's selling point.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7BuretsuPosted 4/8/2013 4:57:34 PM
iKhanic posted...

How is "Make your system utterly generic" good advice?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#8AstralFrostPosted 4/8/2013 5:06:57 PM
Buretsu posted...
iKhanic posted...

This. Pretty much the only thing the Wii U has going for it is the gamepad, it would be suicide to take that away.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#9iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 5:08:51 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Buretsu posted...
iKhanic posted...

This. Pretty much the only thing the Wii U has going for it is the gamepad, it would be suicide to take that away.

Not if they keep selling with the Gamepad, and sell a cheaper model without it.
---
#10BuretsuPosted 4/8/2013 5:13:11 PM
iKhanic posted...
AstralFrost posted...
Buretsu posted...
iKhanic posted...

Not if they keep selling with the Gamepad, and sell a cheaper model without it.

But if the Gamepad is central to the system and games, what point is there selling a model that doesn't come with it?
---