Interview: Terra Incognita dev shares new details about the upcoming Wii U RPG

#11jtr219Posted 4/9/2013 6:40:54 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
jtr219 posted...
Normally I would be all over something like this, but if you look at screens of the game you can see that the develop straight up stole sprites and scenery from Suikoden 2. Seriously, look up screens of Suikoden 2 and compare the games. They took the sprites and just changed some of the coloring. We shouldn't support any game that does something like this.

How long is it until it's done? If it still has a while, they could have just slapped together some screenshots; they could be intending to make their own sprites if they have the time, but for now they just need screenshots.

Hopefully this is the case
---
NNID: jtr219
#12Leetyroneus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 6:53:19 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
jtr219 posted...
Normally I would be all over something like this, but if you look at screens of the game you can see that the develop straight up stole sprites and scenery from Suikoden 2. Seriously, look up screens of Suikoden 2 and compare the games. They took the sprites and just changed some of the coloring. We shouldn't support any game that does something like this.

How long is it until it's done? If it still has a while, they could have just slapped together some screenshots; they could be intending to make their own sprites if they have the time, but for now they just need screenshots.

IIRC, the creator of the game said "Dec 2013", but some sites report that's for the windows version, with the Wii-U coming early 2014
---
If you try to fail and succeed, then which on is really true....+
#13DTY3Posted 4/9/2013 8:12:16 AM
God that plot is the most generic plot you can come up with.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#14MasterAngelPosted 4/9/2013 8:47:41 AM
DTY3 posted...
God that plot is the most generic plot you can come up with.

Sure does sound like it. I don't know about you but i just can't play games with really generic plots
---
WiiU ID- DrGamingPhD
Pokemon Black 2 fc: 3526-2305-8287
#15DTY3Posted 4/9/2013 9:05:23 AM
If the game is good then it can slide but that is so generic that it hurts.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.