Would you trade your N64 system and 23 games for a Wii U system?

#1Mikey93Posted 4/9/2013 7:56:39 AM
I recently tallied up my N64 and 23 games and it came to 400 dollars would you do it? - Results (793 votes)
Yes
19.92% (158 votes)
No
80.08% (635 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Games are

Allstar baseball 99
Paper mario
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
WWF Warzone
WWF 2000
WWF No Mercy
WWF attitude
Perfect Dark
Star Fox 64
WCW vs NWO World Tour
WCW NWO Revenge
Banjo and Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Bomberman Hero
Bomberman 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Super Smash Bros
Mario Tenis
Mario Kart64
Goldeneye 007
Super Mario 64
Game Genie

Plus 2 Controllers
---
Xbox 360 game tag name: Schwartzy 41
#2New LinkPosted 4/9/2013 8:07:12 AM
Even though I'm not a fan of your collection aside from a few games, i much prefer keeping the original system and cartridges.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#31shadetail1Posted 4/9/2013 8:07:58 AM
I never trade away games or systems. The reason I bought them in the first place is because I enjoy playing them. I always keep everything.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#4cha_fan1Posted 4/9/2013 8:14:33 AM
Absolutely, and the reason is this: Many of those games will hit VC at a lower price or on sale, and I'd rather have access to the current generation of games and digital copies of older games. However you would lose games like Banjo Tooie, and I should note I have both an N64 and a Wii U.
---
A musical sentence is a motive that is immediately developed upon then drives towards a PAC, IAC, or HC. The PC was likely unallowed due to counterpoint rules.
#5digiblasterPosted 4/9/2013 8:21:31 AM
I've regretted selling consoles in the past. It'd be a bit different if I sold my Wii, since I can still play all my games on Wii U, but I've fortunately still got my GameCube.

I'd advise you to hold out on a Wii U for a little while. If you've got to sell that much to get one, it's just not worth it. My advice? Save money for a few months, and get one when Mario Kart, 3D Mario, 3D Zelda/Wind Waker HD are out, or at least a few more games that you'd be interested in.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#6Sage JJPosted 4/9/2013 8:26:57 AM
personally I would. Reason being is you would more than likely be able to rebuy a n64 and those games for cheaper than a Wii u down the road of you miss playing them enough to get them again. Question is, is the n64 collecting dust? If so than it's pretty much a no brainer
---
I played Rayman 3DS and all the mosquitos and flowers and bugs and **** in the foreground was trippy as hell and I felt like I was on LSD. - HoratioCraw
#7Tauro_FcPosted 4/9/2013 8:50:52 AM
Don't do it man. I regret letting my n64 go and I only had 9 games and u have way better games than I do. I had: top gear rally, iss64, iss2000, super Mario 64, Mario kart, star wars shadows of the empire, wcw/nwo revenge, turok 2 and killer instinct gold.

My suggestion would be to compromise sell some games and maybe 1 controller. If I had your collection I would keep:

Paper Mario
Super Mario 64
Golden eye
Mario kart 64
Donkey kong 64
Banjo and tooie
Star fox 64
Perfect dark
Wwf no mercy
Smash brothers (maybe)
#8NiftyManZPosted 4/9/2013 8:55:37 AM
No. I love my wiiu, but I play past gen games all the time, and you have a lot if gems.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/9/2013 8:56:54 AM
My 64 gets played nearly as much as my Wii U does.

Sooooooo....
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#10tizzywilkillyouPosted 4/9/2013 8:58:35 AM
During the N64 era I traded in my NES with game genie, three controllers, and 20 games. Forget how much I ended up with, but I just ended up re-buying 90% of that stuff years later at higher amounts. So it was a mistake.

I'll sell game I KNOW I'm done with at times. But in general I don't trade in my old stuff anymore.

As for your collection, even though only three of those games would be "must haves" for me, I say don't do it.