Problem is NIntendo fans grew up but Nintendo did not.

#1CelestialMindPosted 4/9/2013 10:13:22 AM
They got tired of Nintendo being too kiddy and targetting most of their content to 5 year olds so they moved on to their playstations and xboxes.

Nintendo needs to get with the times. Most of the gaming audience is not 5 year olds despite what people would have you believe.
#2Prince ShondronaiPosted 4/9/2013 10:15:31 AM
Problem is, being "grown up" means not worrying about if something is "kiddy" or not, as long as it's fun.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#3GoombaXPosted 4/9/2013 10:17:10 AM
If you want kid games go play gta and call of duty
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#4DiscostewSMPosted 4/9/2013 10:17:57 AM
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#5freutty2Posted 4/9/2013 10:17:58 AM
Yep Nintendo is just to kiddy guys, I mean sure they got Fire Emblem which a good chunk of us have a hard time beating those games. Plus there's Metroid and Zelda.
---
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979
#6gumbyxcore99Posted 4/9/2013 10:18:12 AM
it definitely takes more brain power to clear a mario game than a cod game
---
iller than phil schiller
#7CelestialMind(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 10:18:49 AM
GoombaX posted...
If you want kid games go play gta and call of duty

Those games are rated M for a reason.

Just because unattended kids play popular adult games doesn't mean the game's are targetted towards kids. Kids should not be playing those games.

They should be playing Mario and Smash Bros.
#8digiblasterPosted 4/9/2013 10:21:10 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis

I do like this quote.

It sums up the industry really well - kids try to act grown up by playing 'mature' games like CoD, in turn causing developers to target them for their 'mature' games, while the adult gamers, the people who don't care about being 'mature' (and in turn are the mature ones) play games for fun, rather than to act cool.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#9bsp77Posted 4/9/2013 10:21:23 AM
And how old are you TC? Those who talk about kiddy and mature are usually quite immature.
#10bsp77Posted 4/9/2013 10:22:31 AM
DiscostewSM posted...

That is fantastic.