Problem is NIntendo fans grew up but Nintendo did not.

#101Lefty128kPosted 4/11/2013 4:34:49 PM
pokemega32 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
CS Lewis had just written some kids books, and was trying to push sales by shaming adults into a purchase.

And that's also an argument from authority. Just because CS Lewis said it, doesn't make it true, factual, or accurate.

And yours was just a circumstantial ad hominem. Just because C.S. Lewis would benefit from his argument, that doesn't make it false, nonfactual or inaccurate.

In the order of consideration, his motivation of profit obviously comes first.
#102GoombacrusherPosted 4/11/2013 4:35:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#103pokemega32Posted 4/11/2013 4:35:48 PM
CelestialMind posted...
(btw don't repeat yourself 3 times these all mean the same thing).

I was just mimicking what Lefty did. It's called "parallelism."

The problem with his argument is it can be applied to everything and anything and then you start to see how stupid it really is.

Still soil yourself? So what? There's no such thing as growing up! Liking playing with little kids instead of adults? They are your best friends? Hmm nothing creepy about that at all.

Society places boundaries on what a child and what an adult is supposed to do. It would not be able to function otherwise.

So you have no common sense is what you're saying then?
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#104CelestialMind(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 4:37:11 PM
Goombacrusher07 posted...
CelestialMind posted...
pokemega32 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
CS Lewis had just written some kids books, and was trying to push sales by shaming adults into a purchase.

And that's also an argument from authority. Just because CS Lewis said it, doesn't make it true, factual, or accurate.

And yours was just a circumstantial ad hominem. Just because C.S. Lewis would benefit from his argument, that doesn't make it false, nonfactual or inaccurate.

But it is false, non-factual and inaccurate (btw don't repeat yourself 3 times these all mean the same thing).

The problem with his argument is it can be applied to everything and anything and then you start to see how stupid it really is.

Still soil yourself? So what? There's no such thing as growing up! Liking playing with little kids instead of adults? They are your best friends? Hmm nothing creepy about that at all.

Society places boundaries on what a child and what an adult is supposed to do. It would not be able to function otherwise.

I can now safely say with 100% certainty that you, sir, are an idiot.

You'd be saying the opposite if Nintendo was the one with mature games and Sony the kiddy one.

You fanboys are so pathetic. You'll latch onto anything and everything to make your company look better no matter how absurd the argument or source is.
#105Lefty128kPosted 4/11/2013 4:37:46 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Prince Shondronai posted...
Problem is, being "grown up" means not worrying about if something is "kiddy" or not, as long as it's fun.

Another part of being grown up is accepting an adult role in the world.
Some of us like our entertainment to reflect that life-change.

I would hope that an adult taking on an adult role would be well-adjusted enough to be able to separate real life from the world of entertainment and understand that the games you play do not define who you are, instead of, you know, throwing a fit on a message board about how a japanese gaming company is marketing towards children instead of catering to their specific interests and their specific wants as if the entire world had to bend over to fit their views.

I didn't say games define you, I said some people want games to reflect their life status.

For such a verbose user, you sure failed at reading comprehension.
#106GoombacrusherPosted 4/11/2013 4:38:54 PM
CelestialMind posted...

You'd be saying the opposite if Nintendo was the one with mature games and Sony the kiddy one.

You fanboys are so pathetic. You'll latch onto anything and everything to make your company look better no matter how absurd the argument or source is.

You assume that I only play Nintendo and not Sony games.

As an alledged mature, well-adjusted adult, I feel like you should know what happens when you assume
---
http://i.minus.com/is83Deybz1eyw.gif
I don't fight for good and I don't fight for evil, I just fight!
#107CelestialMind(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 4:39:31 PM
Basically according to Nintendo fanboys if you don't like things that are CLEARLY targeted towards kids and kids only, it means you must not be grown up.

Because grown ups have to like stuff that's for kids or they are insecure.

I can't believe people are stupid enough to believe this garbage argument lmao.
#108Crimson10BladesPosted 4/11/2013 4:40:28 PM
Why should Nintendo grow up with their old fans and turn away from new fans? We've already had our childhood with Nintendo, why shouldn't the new generations?
---
3DS Friend code: 5026-4425-6974
NNID: Crimson10Blades
#109GoombacrusherPosted 4/11/2013 4:42:10 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Prince Shondronai posted...
Problem is, being "grown up" means not worrying about if something is "kiddy" or not, as long as it's fun.

Another part of being grown up is accepting an adult role in the world.
Some of us like our entertainment to reflect that life-change.

I would hope that an adult taking on an adult role would be well-adjusted enough to be able to separate real life from the world of entertainment and understand that the games you play do not define who you are, instead of, you know, throwing a fit on a message board about how a japanese gaming company is marketing towards children instead of catering to their specific interests and their specific wants as if the entire world had to bend over to fit their views.

I didn't say games define you, I said some people want games to reflect their life status.

And why do adults need media to reflect their life status? That is a concept which is inherently childish. An adult should have a well-established sense of self-identity, they don't need to latch onto media to establish their sense of self.
---
http://i.minus.com/is83Deybz1eyw.gif
I don't fight for good and I don't fight for evil, I just fight!
#110DarthFloatyPosted 4/11/2013 4:42:28 PM
CelestialMind posted...
pokemega32 posted...
Lefty128k posted...

But it is false, non-factual and inaccurate (btw don't repeat yourself 3 times these all mean the same thing).

Stop judging people to make yourself feel better about something. Unless you have valid and reliable data proving that people engaging in certain types of media consumption behave in a more immature way (based on valid and agreed upon definitions), you admit that you have no argument at all and are just trying to get a rise out of people.