Problem is NIntendo fans grew up but Nintendo did not.

#121Lefty128kPosted 4/11/2013 5:19:52 PM
wiiking96 posted...
CelestialMind posted...
Basically according to Nintendo fanboys if you don't like things that are CLEARLY targeted towards kids and kids only, it means you must not be grown up.

"kids and kids only" is very false. Mario can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The rating "E" means that the content is appropriate for everyone, not recommended for children only. If a game has solid gameplay and a decent level of challenge, then anyone who likes the gameplay style can enjoy it. It being colorful and goofy does not, by any means mean it is for children. What if an adult just finds Mario or Kirby charming? Maybe they just enjoy a good platformer.

Because grown ups have to like stuff that's for kids or they are insecure.

No one said this.

Actually, everyone who just quoted CS Lewis or agreed with it pretty much did.
#122Drkr_ZenPosted 4/11/2013 5:20:53 PM
As a 28 year old whose first system was a launch day SNES and has owned every Nintendo system, minus Wii-U, since bouncing back and forth between them and Sony, I can say I agree.

But I also play Nintendo games for the fun factor. If I want an engaging story and narrative, deep characters, among other things, I'll look elsewhere.
---
Playing: MGR:R, Sly 4, Borderlands 2 (GOTY 2012), BioShock Infinite (GOTY 2013)
"See You Space Cowboy."
#123GloryChaosPosted 4/11/2013 5:23:20 PM
*Attempts to make a logical argument as if I'm the sole saving grace who can convince who can convince the obvious topic creator when nobody else has so far in any topic*
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#124ThatPersonGuyPosted 4/11/2013 5:27:42 PM
Lefty128k posted...
wiiking96 posted...
CelestialMind posted...
Basically according to Nintendo fanboys if you don't like things that are CLEARLY targeted towards kids and kids only, it means you must not be grown up.

"kids and kids only" is very false. Mario can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The rating "E" means that the content is appropriate for everyone, not recommended for children only. If a game has solid gameplay and a decent level of challenge, then anyone who likes the gameplay style can enjoy it. It being colorful and goofy does not, by any means mean it is for children. What if an adult just finds Mario or Kirby charming? Maybe they just enjoy a good platformer.

No one said this.

You don't have to like stuff that's for kids, but you shouldn't want it to change just because you did.

It's like asking for a hardcore dark and gritty Hot Wheels reboot.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#125FFXIgaiaknightPosted 4/11/2013 5:32:28 PM
i learned to never judge a game based on how it looks as sometimes its very deceiving. Take conker for example who would think that someone that looks like this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7b/Conker_the_squirrel.png/200px-Conker_the_squirrel.png

is one of the most disturbing game characters ever lol
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#126uberking422Posted 4/11/2013 7:20:19 PM
Lefty128k posted...
wiiking96 posted...
CelestialMind posted...

No one said this.

No, we're saying that people who buy games solely on the belief that they are "mature" and actively try to shame people who would dare to purchase something that doesn't have a 17+ rating are insecure.
#1271shadetail1Posted 4/11/2013 7:22:40 PM
Lefty128k posted...
wiiking96 posted...
CelestialMind posted...

No one said this.

No, they didn't. You should actually read and understand the quote before commenting on it like this.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#128FuNsH1nEPosted 4/11/2013 7:28:35 PM
I'm a 26 year old grad student and I can say that I still love Nintendo as much as I did when i was 5. I play all of the systems sure, but Nintendo games are the only ones that really keep me playing video games in general.
#129niels200683Posted 4/12/2013 3:53:52 AM
I like waffles.

I used to like waffles with chocolate, but now I only eat waffles with blueberries because chocolate waffles were too kiddy for my age.
---
I'm famous on Miiverse, you know.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#130Lefty128kPosted 4/12/2013 4:28:45 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
wiiking96 posted...
CelestialMind posted...

No one said this.

No, they didn't. You should actually read and understand the quote before commenting on it like this.

Yes they did. Also, my participation has made it clear that I've read the quote.

You should actually learn how to read the whole topic before commenting on it like this.