Problem is NIntendo fans grew up but Nintendo did not.

#41TheRedneck14Posted 4/9/2013 12:59:12 PM
I don't care if a game is rated E or M as long as it's fun.

Boom

Problem is, being "grown up" means not worrying about if something is "kiddy" or not, as long as it's fun.

Served
---
Supreme Overlord of the Generation 90's board http://i.imgur.com/WELMvY7.png
Please call me Joe, I dislike my username on here.
#42TeraTrickerPosted 4/9/2013 1:12:13 PM
FFnut posted...
TeraTricker posted...
Prince Shondronai posted...
Problem is, being "grown up" means not worrying about if something is "kiddy" or not, as long as it's fun.

I agree with these sentiments, but that doesn't mean it's all fine with Nintendo's games.

It's like saying adults can (and do) enjoy PG films, which is all fine and dandy of course, but a hell of a lot of the better (deeper, and such) films are rated R.

Right, but so are mindless slasher flicks.

Not all R-rated movies are good, nor are all good movies R-rated. The Avengers was considered one of the best movies last year and it had a PG-13 rating.

You can have the opinion that the best movies are R-rated, but I know plenty of people who would argue in favor of Disney cartoons. Hell, my high school physics teacher wrote her graduate thesis on the physics of Looney Tunes.

Just because you enjoy more R-rated movies than PG-rated movies doesn't mean it's a bad idea to make PG movies either.

And didn't you play games when you were younger? Do you think you'd still be a gamer if every console focused on shooters with sharp graphics instead of cartoon platformers when you were still in single-digits? I still remember playing Super Mario World with my uncle when I was 5, and to this day I own a T-Shirt with Yoshi on it. I was playing the original Zelda on NES while I was still in Huggies. If game developers only focused on on gritty realism and M-rated games, where would that leave the next generation of gamers?

I wasn't saying that I wanted PG movies or E-rated games to be scrapped, or anything like that. These type of movies and games are also fun (I still enjoy Toy Story to this day) and have integral functions for society as a whole. The fact that they're mainly catered to younger or more rounded audiences means for 'simpler' stories and the like. Not to say that's bad, it's just something you don't always want to play or see when you've reached a certain age.

I'd simply like to see Nintendo dish out something that's catered to us 'older' audiences (a new game or IP), while simultaneously keeping their focus on the games they've got now.
---
... My text is ^
#43Rainock08Posted 4/9/2013 1:27:40 PM
Problem is some people cant appreciate a good game no matter what the rating is. A lot of people are just to immature.
#44SoaringDivePosted 4/9/2013 1:30:09 PM
ITT: birth does not exist. The human population does not ever increase, there will never be new children younger than us.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#45Rainock08Posted 4/9/2013 1:32:42 PM
SoaringDive posted...
ITT: birth does not exist. The human population does not ever increase, there will never be new children younger than us.

lol. I have to say alot of times when you join an online macth in CoD or halo whos usually playing? Some bratty 8 year old kid. Man thats annoying
#46PSOLavisPosted 4/9/2013 1:34:45 PM
CelestialMind posted...
They got tired of Nintendo being too kiddy and targetting most of their content to 5 year olds so they moved on to their playstations and xboxes.

Nintendo needs to get with the times. Most of the gaming audience is not 5 year olds despite what people would have you believe.

What are you even talking about? Are you trying you trying to imply that games are kiddy unless they are rated M? I think you are confusing casual with kid friendly. Nintendo may be releasing the same sorts of games that they always have, but in no way is a game like Zelda or Mario a kiddy game. They are games that can be enjoyed by everyone. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox has the highest amount of people under the age of 16. I know from my experience of Xbox live that it is filled with the highest voiced 13 year olds you will likely ever hear.
#47Offworlder1Posted 4/9/2013 1:37:19 PM
People appreciate the E rated games but they also need games that are rated T and M so that when you want an M rated game and something different it is there, or better yet an exclusive showing that Nintendo is not only marketing games for children. Variety has always helped Nintendo, N64 had GoldenEye 007, Perfect Dark, Conker, and Star Fox 64 in the line up along with Pokemon, Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong. The point being people loved all of them but still had option.

Wii and Wii U do not offer much for teens or older gamers that they can't find on PS3 and XBOX 360 but rather have thos systems because of the wider variety of games for "E-M rated" games.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#48Rainock08Posted 4/9/2013 1:41:33 PM
Offworlder1 posted...
People appreciate the E rated games but they also need games that are rated T and M so that when you want an M rated game and something different it is there, or better yet an exclusive showing that Nintendo is not only marketing games for children. Variety has always helped Nintendo, N64 had GoldenEye 007, Perfect Dark, Conker, and Star Fox 64 in the line up along with Pokemon, Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong. The point being people loved all of them but still had option.

Wii and Wii U do not offer much for teens or older gamers that they can't find on PS3 and XBOX 360 but rather have thos systems because of the wider variety of games for "E-M rated" games.

I agree. The wii u gaming library is still short but lets see what happens before we jump to conclusions. Im sure we will still get some games of all varieties
#49_FalstaffPosted 4/9/2013 3:01:29 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis

Spoken more than 50 years ago and still true today. It's really all that needs to be said when this topic is broached.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#50AkaimizuPosted 4/9/2013 3:05:59 PM
^ Agreed.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)