Why I Don't Like Nintendo

#11DBPanterAPosted 4/9/2013 10:59:51 AM
GoreGamer posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
All I see is a lot of trolling and ignorance.

SNES to N64 is a small jump, according to you. Since the GBA to DS is also a small jump, according to you. The difference is just as big. The N64 had many revolutionary games, the Gamecube had a ton of amazing games, etc. Super Mario 64 is an amazing game.

Seriously, you don't know s*** about Nintendo. There's a ton more stuff in your post that practically proves that.

Mario 64 only got the praise because it was one of the first open level platformers. Apart from that the gameplay was boring.

You do realize that Mario 64 revolutionized the ENTIRE gaming industry, correct? There have been developers from virtually every studio that have credited that game as changing the whole industry.

How old were you June 23, 1996, the day of its North American release? Did you play this game when it was released, as in sometime during the summer of 1996?

Look, games have evolved and changed, some games are still great, while other "classics" are hard to play.

Being upset about a soccer game is another strike against your argument.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#12CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/9/2013 11:05:55 AM
cartridges where bad for the 64, they were bad for third parties.

But as far as I'm concerned, they were INCREDIBLE for consumers.
Especially for me as a kid.

Of course, there was the occasional expensive game... but most were perfectly reasonable.

Your comparison to DRMs is just silly.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#13NeojianXPosted 4/9/2013 11:07:07 AM
Why I Can't stand Sony, despises Microsoft and think Nintendo is a Fool.

Read all of my post on Gamefaqs. : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#14PulpPosted 4/9/2013 11:39:15 AM
GoreGamer posted...
It was like an outer body experience and I was so excited. .

*snicker* Sounds filthy. I hope you meant "out of body experience"...

Yes, this is all I took away from the TC's long post.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#15mjc0961Posted 4/9/2013 1:57:05 PM
Iokua posted...
So, you don't like Nintendo because you didn't do your research when purchasing a Gamecube? Sounds like you should have asked mommy and daddy to let you in the interwebz before spending their money. Blame yourself, not Nintendo in this regard, as it's not their fault that the games on their systems aren't the games you like. The same can be said for every developer.

---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#16ps2snesgodPosted 4/9/2013 2:12:03 PM
you complain about pro evolution but you didnt play mario strikers
you complain about no gta but what about metroid prime,twilight princess or metal gear 1 remake
you complain about the wii controller but did you play xenoblade,red steel 2 or skyward sword
you complain about the ds but did you play any of the castlevanias or gasp gta was on there

seriously play the best games before you bash systems
#17Rasputin77Posted 4/9/2013 2:39:36 PM(edited)
TC, I'm not even going to scroll down and see the name-calling which I'm sure has occurred. It's my weakness, I admit - I see puerile or stupid comments, and can't help but mock them, losing sight of the topic.

I'll disagree with you on the N64 (Goldeneye 64 to a college kid with four controllers is an auto-pass), but yeah - I haven't been thrilled with Ninty home consoles since the Gamecube (which I only bought as a present for the GF [at the time]). I bailed out on the Wii early (launch purchase - sold within a month), and really only decided on the Wii U at the very last minute. Like, literally hours before launch.

As for all of the subjectivity in your post... you might be having trouble realizing that Nintendo can't be "wrong" for not catering to your tastes.

It's a boring scavenger game
64 was tedious run around
The controller was a pain to handle

Droning on and on about how your tastes weren't satisfied is a worthless exercise in futility, which - oddly enough - a LOT of people here enjoy taking part in. To each their own, but you also bring up some good objective points. I mean, the Wii U is going to have to melt my face and entertain for YEARS if I'm going to be on board for their next home console.

Otherwise... with a backlog as massive (and embarrassing) as mine, slowing it down to just one console next go-around won't be a big problem for me. In fact, it'll be smart. And at this point, it won't be Nintendo.

IMO Nintendo has been a disappointment ever since the N64.

this is where I stopped reading

If you're going to "stop reading" because someone posted an opinion with a blatant **IMO** preceding it, =/ . . . then please tell me who should care where you stopped reading. Please.

EDIT: Okay, I scrolled down, lol.
---
576527726520616C6C2067616D6572732E