Pokemon Scramble U will push Wii U sales in Japan

#1excitebike64Posted 4/9/2013 11:37:42 AM
Despite the poor DQX sales, it still made it into the top ten in Japan.

Pokemon will be interesting since it is a download. So I expect to see an even bigger increase in WiiUs sold in Japan, but hard copies may not reflect why.

Would be an interesting spike in numbers for Nintendo.
#2NeojianXPosted 4/9/2013 11:46:30 AM
Ha ha ha ha! Do you really want to increase WiiU sales? It more about bringing every JRPG made for it , translated and out in every region. Like Culdcept being JP only for the DS and now the 3DS is totally ridiculous. I know for a fact if those games were sold here I would have both games and be playing them on a 3DSXL that I also do not have.

Most of the gaming I'm doing now on HDTV is with my PSP and over 50 physical games and my Iconia A500 with DL games on HDTV with an HDMI adapter and wireless-ly with the Samurai Red V2 controller. Love Killer Instinct with a PS3 like controller. : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#3NamcoMuseum2Posted 4/9/2013 11:48:46 AM
I don't know, the N64 had the Pokemon Stadium games and the N64 still sold horribly in Japan, even worse than in North America and Europe.
#4deathslovePosted 4/9/2013 11:51:46 AM
more reassurance topics from the same person.
#5excitebike64(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 1:14:47 PM
NamcoMuseum2 posted...
I don't know, the N64 had the Pokemon Stadium games and the N64 still sold horribly in Japan, even worse than in North America and Europe.

Did Stadium focus on the Japanese culture of using vending machines? I don't think so. I actually think a lot will get the toys before even knowing it involves a game. Like - "Gasp, I can use this to play as "pokemon name" in a downloadable game?"
#6Virus66Posted 4/9/2013 1:40:33 PM
It certainly will in Japan. Other regions might see a slight spike but nothing compared to the island nation
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?