Wii U vs. PS3 vs. 360 SALES ACTUAL FACTS

#101bskiffingtonPosted 4/10/2013 8:13:10 PM
Theres no point TC, trolls will believe what they want to believe but the fact of the matter is, those who think Nintendo is going to go bankrupt for the Wii U are going to be disappointed when the next gen comes in 5-6 years. 3.5mil outsells PS3 and 360 but everyone loves them and tends to forget that they had bad starts too and that 3.5 mil in five months is still alot of money in Nintendo's pockets, more than Sony/Microsoft made back on their first batches.

Also, Im not entirely sure the overstock of Wii Us necessarily means that it isn't selling, i feel like Nintendo prepared for this launch better than the Wii and moved more units at the start. Of course, I have no stats to back that up but it's just my opinion. Wii/PS3/360 all had shortages early on, with low starting numbers (for PS3/360) and they sold less than the Wii U did, which is apparently taking up room and growing dusty on store shelves.
#102bskiffingtonPosted 4/10/2013 8:18:32 PM
Also, as I just said in another post. The Wii U is more expensive than current gens with a much smaller install base. I'm not worried that third parties are skipping right now, it doesn't amke sense from a business standpoint to make your game on a console with a 3.5mil install base as opposed to a 50-70mil install base where you'ren likely to sell more.

In a year or two when both next gen consoles are you and people need to pay a similar price as the Wii U for them, if not more we'll see more third party support. If not, then it's time to panic, but not right now.

It's just smart business. Larger install base = more potential buyers = more sales = more money for the developer. Why risk selling 500k on a console with a small install when you could more than triple that on a console with more potential buyers? It's just common sense, people
#103Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/10/2013 8:31:32 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Another way you can look at it is average home consoles sold per generation.

Nintendo averages about 45 million home consoles per gen
Sony averages about 112 million home consoles per gen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

He knows this but it bothers him. He will resort to editing your quotes to say something neither you nor him said to prove his point. I'm sure he will eventually grow out of that phase and move on to sending death threats like his idols.

lol who sent death threats?

The person who rushed to respond to you before I could say it was him lol. He will deny it, but numerous people saw it so he just kind of makes himself look like he regrets the posts.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif
#104GoombaXPosted 4/10/2013 8:33:19 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

He knows this but it bothers him. He will resort to editing your quotes to say something neither you nor him said to prove his point. I'm sure he will eventually grow out of that phase and move on to sending death threats like his idols.

The person who rushed to respond to you before I could say it was him lol. He will deny it, but numerous people saw it so he just kind of makes himself look like he regrets the posts.

people take this site way to seriously
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#105Jacob46719(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 8:40:21 PM
GoombaX posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

100% agree.
---
Currently Unfinished or Playing: Skyrim, Littlebigplanet 2, NSMBU, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2
#106Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/10/2013 8:43:06 PM

I agree. Certain people seriously take this site to seriously. To wish people were dead, or talk about how much better the world would be if you were dead, and try to egg people on to commit suicide is quite demented. It's just video games people.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#107BuretsuPosted 4/10/2013 8:49:33 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

I agree. Certain people seriously take this site to seriously. To wish people were dead, or talk about how much better the world would be if you were dead, and try to egg people on to commit suicide is quite demented. It's just video games people.

Yeah. And some people are absolutely DEDICATED to making as many people miserable as they can.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#108GeassMasterPosted 4/10/2013 9:02:00 PM(edited)
Wii U did great launch day, after that the sales dropped like a rock. Wii U is now charting way under the GameCube if it keeps It's current pace. Unlike the GameCube, the Wii U is coming off a popular console which probably helped front load It's sales.

http://i.imgur.com/EStGyf6.png

These are Japanese sales only. America sales are in-line with Japanese. Europe sales of Wii U are much lower than the GameCube sales.

The bigger issue with the Wii U is not the hardware sales but the software sales. Other than Nintendo licensed software the majority of games sold way lower than 3rd parties expected. Most ports are selling less than the Vita version of games in the United States and Europe(Dynasty Warrior's Next/Warrior's Orochi, Ninja Gaiden Sigma+/Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge.)

Tekken Tag 2 sold so little(less than 20k worldwide, even with Nintendo character incentives and bonus modes) that NamcoBandai has reconsidered a lot of it's support.

---
Now Playing: FotNS: Ken's Rage 2,Battlefield 3(PC), Atelier Totori+ , Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, Drakengard,Sengoku Basara HD Collection
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#109Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/10/2013 9:02:47 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Yeah. And some people are absolutely DEDICATED to making as many people miserable as they can.

It is precious watching you attempt to defend yourself. If you apologize I might stop bringing up your death wishes towards me and maybe people will start to take you seriously again (I know this probably really matters to you).

And before you post "Hurr nobody ever takes you seriously kirbyfan lulz" remember what I told you about not saying the first comeback that comes to mind. Try to be a little clever with your retorts for once :)
---
#110GoombaXPosted 4/10/2013 9:04:02 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

It is precious watching you attempt to defend yourself. If you apologize I might stop bringing up your death wishes towards me and maybe people will start to take you seriously again (I know this probably really matters to you).

And before you post "Hurr nobody ever takes you seriously kirbyfan lulz" remember what I told you about not saying the first comeback that comes to mind. Try to be a little clever with your retorts for once :)

i told the same thing to thundercat. He always pulls a "No You"
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it