How would you Innovate a game system?

#1kingbadjoPosted 4/9/2013 12:47:26 PM
I here a lot of people calling the game pad controller a gimmick. What do you guys consider innovative? What would you do to or add on to any system to try to be the next new way to play games?

Better online interface? better specs? I don't really se that a innovative, but maybe you guys do.

Go!
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2kingbadjo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:42:36 PM
so everyones just complaining without actually being able to think of anything?
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#3AstralFrostPosted 4/9/2013 2:49:20 PM
I'd be innovative by including the standard optical medium and finding a way to work around region protection. Apparently Nintendo wasn't able to be as innovative as me.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#4Jacob46719Posted 4/9/2013 2:56:37 PM
Games. No punch line. Period.
---
Currently Unfinished or Playing: Skyrim, Littlebigplanet 2, NSMBU, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2
#5PSOLavisPosted 4/9/2013 3:05:57 PM
Systems don't need to innovate really, it's games that need to innovate. Games should be like literature, where there are certain books just for fun (Harry Potter to Mario) and books that are more thought provoking (Metamorphosis to Bioschock Infinite). While stories in games have become more fleshed out lately, there still is a long way to go.

Great games like Bioshock 1, Xenoblade Chronicles, Final Fantasy 7, etc which are renowned for their stories are in reality, very weak. Which is why I mentioned Infinite, it had a story that was far superior to what we gamers have grown accustomed to. Bioshock for instance, had a villian who was just a cardboard cut out, who twirls his mustache at you, and frankly has no motivation for his actions.
#6emagdnEPosted 4/9/2013 3:09:59 PM
I wouldn't

innovation should come from software, not hardware
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#7ElectricMolePosted 4/9/2013 3:11:22 PM
Give the studios the machine specs they want, and they will all flock to make games on your system.

No need to worry about innovation with the games. They will come on their own, but first you must make a platform that is appealing to the content creators, not to penny pinching share holders.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#8vectorman5Posted 4/9/2013 3:19:20 PM
Keep the system cheap, let studios have the dev kit free and charge a percentage per sale. Attracts aaa studios and indie studios.
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.