Has there been another console with the same amount of good games after 4 months

#1msunshinePosted 4/9/2013 2:13:43 PM
Like 10
---
Current playthrough: 67 stars. Bundled games are NOT games sold!
#2gameG3ni3Posted 4/9/2013 2:14:27 PM
msunshine posted...
Like 10

Famicom
---
NNID: Xenteros
Currently playing: LoZ:SS, NSMBU
#3msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:17:48 PM
gameG3ni3 posted...
msunshine posted...
Like 10

Famicom

Really? Mmm... Not really aware of the launch line up. I did own one, my first console:)
---
#4EternalWolfPosted 4/9/2013 2:43:31 PM
No, not even close. VC games, Wii Games, ports of old GoTY games and a couple good exclusives outweigh pretty much every other consoles launch lineup aside from maybe the BC PS1/2/3, but the PS3 had no decent PS3 games for a long time.

If your excluding BC, then the Wii U destroys other consoles. It doesnt have a SM64 or Twilight Princess but it does have TTT2, Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, NSMBU, AC3 etc...

Hell, even the announced titles are better than most consoles this far in. Everyone knew the PS2/3 and 360 etc... would get stuff like FF, MGS and Halo but everyone also knows the Wii U will get SM3D, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, SSB etc... However X, 101, Wind Waker remake, Bayonetta 2 etc.. are some pretty major and unexpected announcements(well maybe not X, but it could have been Pokemon or something and not Xenowhatever).

The problem is that the games arent out yet, so just like the 360 and PS3 it isnt selling well at launch.

History has already shown that Nintendo doesnt need the best graphics out to be on top, dont know why people suddenly think that will change. Hell, I dont know why people think graphics are what sells. Madden and CoD have trash graphics, they sell. DC and PC Engine had the best graphics, they didnt. There is no logic and there is more evidence pointing towards the Wii U being successful than not.
#5sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/9/2013 4:09:14 PM
Consoles always launch with very few titles. There are already a bunch of great games for the Wii U; some of them are ports, so perhaps quite a few people played them on other consoles; I hadn't. People want more first-party titles, I suppose, which makes sense, but there are plenty of games right now.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#6AstralFrostPosted 4/9/2013 4:11:01 PM
10 good games? How many of those are ports? How about just listing the 10 good games you think the Wii U has?
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#7Sailor GoonPosted 4/9/2013 4:11:24 PM
Vita
Dreamcast
PS2
Xbox
Xbox 360
Neo Geo
PSP
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#8Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 4/9/2013 4:15:41 PM
AstralFrost posted...
10 good games? How many of those are ports? How about just listing the 10 good games you think the Wii U has?

This. So tired of people listing ports as reasons to own Wii U. I'll NEVER buy the Wii U version of any multiplat. Exclusives only. That would've changed if Nintendo actually offered any reason whatsoever to own the Wii U versions of games. Worse online, no achievement system (I don't care how "trivial" this is to people, I love achievements)

But I still think Wii U's first party titles and exclusives will be amazing for the most part.
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs. UMVC3: Chris/Strange/Amaterasu
#9msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 10:15:59 PM
AstralFrost posted...

I'm including ports. They are games too. And maybe you missed this little fact, but ps 3 and xbox 360 started out with ports too. 1. Nsmbu 2. Nintendoland 3. Monster hunter U 4. Lego city 5. Zombi U 6. Arkham city 7. Need for speed most wanted 8. Darksiders 2 9. Mass effect 3 10. Tekken tag tournament 2. So not including E shop, virtual console or Bc.
---
#10SlimeSwayzePosted 4/9/2013 10:29:03 PM(edited)
In recent memory, I enjoyed my Dreamcast, GCN, Wii, and X-box 360 quite a bit more by this time in their lifespan. And even though the PS2 had a slow start, it is already abundantly clear that the Wii U won't come anywhere near matching the PS2's line-up at the 1-year mark, as the first holiday following the PS2 launch was absolutely stunning in the quality and quantity of games.

Going further back, I definitely enjoyed my NES, Genesis, and N64 more when I got those near launch, but I was a kid then, so it's impossible to really compare.

Until Lego City and MH3 came out, the Wii U truly had the worst console launch I'd ever seen from a major player (not counting the Jaguar, 3DO, etc...), possibly outside of the PS3, which at least had the benefit of being a relatively cheap Blu-ray player at the time it released and qualified as somewhat cutting edge tech at the time, which can't be said of the Wii U. And like the PS2 but to a lesser extent, I had a lot more games I was looking forward to on the PS3 that would be releasing in its first year than I am on the Wii U.

What sucks is that now that Lego City and MH3 are out, there is not a definite release date for a single game that I'm interested in on the horizon.

---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.