Has there been another console with the same amount of good games after 4 months

#61Phasmatis92Posted 4/10/2013 5:59:39 AM
PS3, 360, PS2.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#62msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 6:07:31 AM
Phasmatis92 posted...
PS3, 360, PS2.

We already concluded that wii u> ps 3
---
Current playthrough: 67 stars. Bundled games are NOT games sold!
#63msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 8:03:11 AM
Bump
---
#64DemonDog666Posted 4/10/2013 8:14:14 AM
Pendragoon posted...
1. All the games are ported from the 360 version (except for TTT2, not sure on that one) as the systems were built almost identically (ibm cpu, amd gpu) ports were quick and easy to do, even with a small team and incomplete dev kits.

2. CoD 3 was a really bad 360 port that ran like complete crap, half the framerate (the only sub 60 fps CoD released on HD systems) and it was almost unplayable by CoD standards.

3. The PS3 launch window was full of late 360 ports, which 360 fanboys loved to bash back during the launch window, is this revenge for that time? (because if it is, 720 board is > that way.)

1. Who cares they are still on ps3 and both ps3 and 360 are better choices right now.

2. So just like all the wiiU ports then.

3. I think the issue is more they are last gen games rather then late ports, I mean if the ps3 list had 5 games on ps2/xbox then ported to ps3 wouldn't you cry foul?
#65emagdnEPosted 4/10/2013 8:19:25 AM
the same amount of good games?

oh, you mean none?

PS1, PS2, Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360, and 3DS come to mind
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#66Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/10/2013 8:29:36 AM
TC you are in high school aren't you?
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif
#67meiyukiPosted 4/10/2013 8:51:12 AM
Buretsu posted...
Armored Edition is an 'enhanced port'. It's not created from the ground up like a regular game is, rather an existing version is taken and altered to work on a different system. Additional content may be added, some parts of the game may be tweaked, but at the heart, it's still the same game.

I don't like these definitions regardless of system because often times sequels use the same engine and many of the same assets. Some sequels even include levels from past games and such. We basically get into an extremely subjective area, just how much of a game needs to change before it's not a port? No one would call mario kart a port, but it has 16 retro tracks, and it's likely using mostly the same engine in wii or 7, so it would fit the definition. How about megaman sequels, heck 3 included all 8 previous robot masters? CoD reuses a lot of assets. Believe it or not zelda OOT is using the same engine as mario 64.

To carry this further with sequels, even if they don't reuse the same levels they often time reuse the art assets and entire engine just changing the levels. What if a game changes changes the art assets, changes the engine, and leaves the levels intact? It seems to be almost purely based on what someone decides to name a game. For example MH3U added a whole bunch more new quests and monsters, changes core game systems and added gamepad features. However, because it's called MH3 everyone will say it's just a port, had it been released as MH4 everyone would have said it's a new game.

Point is this is one of those definitions make intentionally vague and broad so as to allow it to mean just about anything someone wants it to.
#68msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 5:08:13 AM
meiyuki posted...
Buretsu posted...
Armored Edition is an 'enhanced port'. It's not created from the ground up like a regular game is, rather an existing version is taken and altered to work on a different system. Additional content may be added, some parts of the game may be tweaked, but at the heart, it's still the same game.

I don't like these definitions regardless of system because often times sequels use the same engine and many of the same assets. Some sequels even include levels from past games and such. We basically get into an extremely subjective area, just how much of a game needs to change before it's not a port? No one would call mario kart a port, but it has 16 retro tracks, and it's likely using mostly the same engine in wii or 7, so it would fit the definition. How about megaman sequels, heck 3 included all 8 previous robot masters? CoD reuses a lot of assets. Believe it or not zelda OOT is using the same engine as mario 64.

To carry this further with sequels, even if they don't reuse the same levels they often time reuse the art assets and entire engine just changing the levels. What if a game changes changes the art assets, changes the engine, and leaves the levels intact? It seems to be almost purely based on what someone decides to name a game. For example MH3U added a whole bunch more new quests and monsters, changes core game systems and added gamepad features. However, because it's called MH3 everyone will say it's just a port, had it been released as MH4 everyone would have said it's a new game.

Point is this is one of those definitions make intentionally vague and broad so as to allow it to mean just about anything someone wants it to.

I was simply pointing out that it is not a ps 3 port, as some pony here claimed.
---
#69msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 5:09:49 AM
emagdnE posted...
the same amount of good games?

oh, you mean none?

PS1, PS2, Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360, and 3DS come to mind

Which one of those had an average of the best ten games as high as te wii U's?
---
#70DemonDog666Posted 4/11/2013 7:47:01 AM
msunshine posted...
Which one of those had an average of the best ten games as high as te wii U's?

Not counting last gen ports all of them had better games then wiiU except maybe 3DS.