"Only One New Super Mario Bros. Game Per System, Says Iwata"

#11EternalWolfPosted 4/9/2013 1:59:27 PM
It would be pointless to release another NSMB for the Wii U. Everything that needs to be addressed can be added via patches and expansions. Blizzard doesnt have a problem selling their expansions, dont see why Nintendo would.

However, I am worried about New Luigi.

New Story
New Map
80 Levels
Challenges
Proper Menus

Thats all it needs to be a great expansion pack IMO and the only hard part to make is the level design. It doesnt need a real story, just a intro and ending scene like the original. The map should either be new, have alternate paths or something that doesnt involve Luigi going to the exact same places Mario did but your magically playing different levels.

There is so much that can be done with this game via the expansion formula and the greatest thing about it is that the engine is complete and NSMB is not demanding at all to develop for, all the truly hard work is done. They can add new power-ups, they can add new playable characters(Both Princesses wit different gameplay), they can add more bosses etc... They can even add more maps/worlds by walking into a portal on the map, similar to Superstar Road. Hell, why not make an Island, Yoshi's Island where we play as him and various colored Yoshi's or something?

It should be the only NSMB game on the console, but it should have multiple expansions.

I am upset at the gameplay of the original though. Everything is solid, but I think they could have added special ways to kill bosses such as throwing Bowser into the background on a spike or something, just like in SM64. More climbing and dodging environmental projectiles as well. By the end of its life cycle, I would like to see every power up and character from previous games in this one.

I dont think this is expecting much. This is what "DLC" should be. DLC should not be literally codes or skins, that should be free without a doubt. We used to get levels patched into our games, what happened to that? DLC/Expansions were reserved for game changing features, not stuff that used to be free back in the early 90s or stuff that we could make, better than the developers, if we were allowed to.
#12ElectricMolePosted 4/9/2013 2:08:08 PM
dlc can keep any game going for years and years before a sequel is made
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#13DTY3Posted 4/9/2013 2:12:40 PM
Damn Nintendo for actually releasing full size downloadable content after launch as opposed to disc locked content on Day 1.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#14MasterAshKetchemPosted 4/9/2013 2:37:16 PM
TC needs to go back to the shadow realm.
#15sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/9/2013 2:47:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:52:59 PM
DTY3 posted...
Damn Nintendo for actually releasing full size downloadable content after launch as opposed to disc locked content on Day 1.

Oh it's not that. It's just that they're using the DLC as a way to circumvent the whole 1 2D mario thing per console or whatever.

If they didn't say that then chances are this luigi thing would be a new game and not "80 level DLC"
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#17squatch22Posted 4/9/2013 2:55:34 PM
DTY3 posted...

---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#18IokuaPosted 4/9/2013 2:55:39 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
DTY3 posted...

Oh it's not that. It's just that they're using the DLC as a way to circumvent the whole 1 2D mario thing per console or whatever.

If they didn't say that then chances are this luigi thing would be a new game and not "80 level DLC"

I don't think you quite understand what "circumvent" means, nor do you seem to be aware of what the definition of term "new". Nowhere in their claim of one NSMB per generation does it state anything barring expansions done through DLC.

So as I I said, I'm not seeing the problem here.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#19YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:56:44 PM
Iokua posted...
I'm not really seeing the problem here.

Well it's not a problem, just seems that no one seems to realize that the Luigi DLC is only around to circumvent the 1 game per gen thing

Pendragoon posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
SychinLegacy posted...
So by this logic how many new games has CoD circumvented?

CoD actually releases games yearly? They don't go "sorry only 1 game per generation" then release DLC with the same number of maps that the other games have

They release a $60 expansion pack every year with $60 of DLC to all consoles, nothing has this beat right now.

Like i said, no clue about the CoD DLC. The Last call of Duty game i played was Black Ops 1. Never really payed attention to the map packs

EdoVandeKamp posted...
oh look, another YamiYugi4400 topic, nothing to see here guys just a regular mainstream troll. See ya soon Yami, in another topic for sure.

I'm a troll just because i'm saying something about the luigi dlc?
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#20ImGanondorfLolPosted 4/9/2013 2:58:24 PM
I don't care, I'm not buying anymore NSMB games.