Upcoming E3...

#1FatalyzePosted 4/9/2013 9:15:44 PM
Does anyone think that this E3 might be one of the best ones in a long time? I mean, we'll probably get a slew of new info on the PS4, the unveiling of the Xbox720 (though, i probably couldnt care less about that console...) and not to mention all of the software news from Nintendo! Pikmin, Super Smash Bros, maybe even the new Zelda, and other series we havent heard anything about! I seriously can't wait. I've never been this excited for E3 before. Here's hoping it lives up to what I imagine.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666
#2elbarto1Posted 4/9/2013 9:17:44 PM
I stopped getting excited for e3 because it really has become a boring disappointment. I hope its good. It could be great.
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
#3foochewPosted 4/9/2013 9:22:46 PM
i always wanted to go to tokyo game show i think that would be great !
#4SlimeSwayzePosted 4/9/2013 9:33:09 PM
It seems like it should be a good year, but more often than not it disappoints. More than anything I'm hoping that A) Nintendo cuts the B.S. and just shows tons of games, and 2) Sony shows me why I absolutely need a PS4. I couldn't care less what MS has to show.

And yes, I know I said A) and 2.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#5PUNCHOUT1116Posted 4/9/2013 9:40:07 PM
To be fair, Nintendo potentially has ALOT to show off. New console Mario, new console Mario Kart, Smash, Wind Waker HD, both new handheld and console Zelda games, Retros project...

Will they show all of this? Probably not, but I hope they do as I want them to blow the doors off E3 this year.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#6RockD79Posted 4/9/2013 9:44:19 PM
This E3 is a hardware show. Usually light on games. Wii U has the potential for software showing but who knows.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider, next up: N4SU... unless Target.com fumbles my order.
#7Monkmaster79Posted 4/9/2013 11:24:24 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
To be fair, Nintendo potentially has ALOT to show off. New console Mario, new console Mario Kart, Smash, Wind Waker HD, both new handheld and console Zelda games, Retros project...

Will they show all of this? Probably not, but I hope they do as I want them to blow the doors off E3 this year.

The only thing out of those that has zero chance of being shown is a new console Zelda.
They've already confirmed 3D Mario, Mario Kart, SSB4, and Wind Waker HD and I'd be hella sad if Retro doesn't show off their game. It's been in development for 2 years at least.
A new handheld Zelda is a little iffy too. Don't want to take the spotlight off of Wind Waker.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#8SocranPosted 4/10/2013 12:11:09 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

They've already confirmed that they'll be showing Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros, with a demo promised for the first two.

However, one thing that's been said a lot in interviews is that Nintendo really likes announcing games through Nintendo Direct, and that they feel E3 is better suited for giving people hands-on opportunities with games that have already been announced. We'll just have to wait and see if this means that they specifically don't plan on announcing new games, or if they just aren't making it the primary focus anymore.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#9DBPanterAPosted 4/10/2013 12:53:01 AM
Microsoft will announce the Durgano project May 21 prior to E3.

For those that think a NEW Legend of Zelda will be announced, don't hold your breath. Skyward Sword was released a little over a year ago (November 2011). It also sold a meager 3.62 million units, a very disappointed number. Nintendo has publicly stated it will create a new IP in the Legend of Zelda franchise for the 3DS prior to Wii U. Considering the difference in global 3DS and Wii U consoles, that is a much better decision.

Nintendo will go forth with talking about games. However, this is not a time to announce a price cut (then make it all better with some sort of Ambassador Program). It would be cool to have the demos that are at E3 downloadable via the eShop, but considering how inept Nintendo is with the digital age, I feel it is best to go in with the mindset that you will see these games in videos in action, and if you can play in your own home, then you lucked out. It may benefit Nintendo to break away from its mode of operation and actually start giving release dates to games. I would assume that vast majority of their presentation (75%) will be Wii U, as this is geared toward a North American audience.

As each week and month passes by, 3rd party developers announce release dates for new games. Batman was announced yesterday. The Holiday season is filling up fast. Nintendo would be insane at this point to put Windwaker HD in the late Oct-early Dec. window with the titles and consoles in that time period. Windwaker should be late Sept at the latest, and preferably late August since the Wii U will not be receiving Madden.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#10SocranPosted 4/10/2013 1:34:54 AM(edited)
DBPanterA posted...
For those that think a NEW Legend of Zelda will be announced, don't hold your breath. Skyward Sword was released a little over a year ago (November 2011). It also sold a meager 3.62 million units, a very disappointed number. Nintendo has publicly stated it will create a new IP in the Legend of Zelda franchise for the 3DS prior to Wii U. Considering the difference in global 3DS and Wii U consoles, that is a much better decision.

You do realize that Nintendo started preliminary work on the Wii U Zelda before Skyward Sword was even fully released, and talked about it in the January Nintendo Direct, right? It's not out of the question that they'll at least officially announce the title of the game. It certainly won't be out by this year, though, and possibly not even next year.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."