I'm thinking about selling my Wii U.

#11FatalyzePosted 4/9/2013 10:03:58 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Wouldn't any talk at all about why hes selling it be considered trolling on this board?

I'm hoping that if I can create a mitigated discussion that focuses on the Wii U's negative points, some of the rabid fanboys might follow suit, and settle down a little. But who am I kidding? That would never happen, this is the internet.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666
#12The_King82Posted 4/9/2013 10:22:14 PM
BXX346 posted...
And using that money to buy a ps4.

It'll be the best decision you'll ever make.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#13SpillardPosted 4/9/2013 10:24:14 PM
No balls!
---
If I go to work, who's going to play all my games?
#14pearl arowanaPosted 4/9/2013 10:26:15 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Better do it soon. Come E3 second hand prices will drop even further. If you wait until fall/winter when PS4/720 are about to come out you'll barely get anything.

yeap price will go down fast.. i seen many wii u on 2nd hand store.. when nintendo cut wii uprice officially (they have no choice sales are absymal!).. it will have no reselling value..
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#15mokmuudPosted 4/9/2013 10:28:37 PM
Price drop isn't going to happen anytime soon.
---
PSN: Mokmuud Dragon's Dogma pawn: Kristen
#16Rome218Posted 4/9/2013 10:36:36 PM
Omega_Black posted...
As I tell every single person who is think about selling their hardware, especially hardware that is still viable, DON'T.

It is a waste of money and you may end up wanting to re-purchase the sold hardware down the line for some hotly anticipated game, resulting in even more wasted money.

If you really want a PS4, get a part-time job and save, save, save.

Box up the Wii U and throw it in a closet if you're not interested in it right now and just focus on other things.

You're basically just telling him the gamble. Put the Wii U in the closest in case it has a super huge hit, in the mean time let it depreciate in value and hope that day comes.

=P
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#17gameG3ni3Posted 4/9/2013 10:36:54 PM
Buretsu posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
AstralFrost posted...
Buretsu posted...
Where will you get the other $400?

Third world problems.

I know right? I make that in a day and a half.

Good for you, Roxanne.

Now that was funny...red light
---
NNID: Xenteros
Currently playing: LoZ:SS, NSMBU
#18Omega_BlackPosted 4/10/2013 11:08:53 AM
Rome218 posted...
You're basically just telling him the gamble. Put the Wii U in the closest in case it has a super huge hit, in the mean time let it depreciate in value and hope that day comes.

=P

No, you didn't read far enough.

I'm telling the TC not to sell the hardware at all. Boxing it up puts it out of sight, out of mind until that "big hit" eventually comes to pass.

And when it does, the TC will not have to go out and spend more money just to buy the hardware a second time, thus wasting even more money.

If TC wants a PS4, s/he simply needs to earn the money needed to buy it.
It really is that simple.

As for depreciating in value, that happened the moment TC took it out of the box and started playing it.

This isn't the original Wii. The U is far easier to find than the original ever was in its first year of availability in NA.

Even would be price gougers can't make back any sort of profit and in fact lost money because Nintendo made sure the thing is just that prevalent.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#19b1gt0nePosted 4/10/2013 11:12:36 AM
pearl arowana posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Better do it soon. Come E3 second hand prices will drop even further. If you wait until fall/winter when PS4/720 are about to come out you'll barely get anything.

yeap price will go down fast.. i seen many wii u on 2nd hand store.. when nintendo cut wii uprice officially (they have no choice sales are absymal!).. it will have no reselling value..

poverty stricken troll confirmed...
#20AndoMikePosted 4/10/2013 12:03:15 PM
I love how everyone on this site has first-hand knowledge of exactly how much money Nintendo is making on a daily basis. Clearly the people on this board know more about the inner workings of Nintendo than Nintendo does. It's just non-stop posts about abysmal sales and nintendoooomed and every other stupid nonsense comment anyone can think of. This whole site is just an animal preserve for trolls/haters; DONT FEED THE ANIMALS!!!
---
NNID: AndoMike
PSN: AndoMike