Not really big on Trophies or Achievement Scores...

#21DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/10/2013 6:33:13 PM
Quote:TyrantLowKey posted...
^Um not if it helps sell software. How is that bad? And it shouldn't be THAT hard to put in and STILL work on making great games (which they are in my opinion).

I know plenty of people that buy games just for trophies...they don't care if they are good or bad. This means GDs don't have to work hard for our money, so games start to suck. The second GDs stop working hard on games is when things come grinding to a halt, just like in 1983.

@gameG3ni3

Lying is cool.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#22YamiYugi4400Posted 4/10/2013 6:36:17 PM
Having a Universal Trophy/Achievement system would be great for the Wii U.

Both the PS3 and 360 have them, there is no reason for Nintendo not to make a system like that for the Wii U.

Granted the Ps3 didn't get one for awhile. So eventually Nintendo could probably patch it in like Sony did. It will either be on the WIi U. or Nintendo will release again 1 console later that people love universal trophy/achievement systems and put one in a console later.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#23DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/10/2013 6:39:22 PM
Quote:Pac12345 posted...
This is a a feature that people keep keep asking for. Why? I mean why is it so import to people? It's a f******, meaningless number! Deal with it people! You don't need to be told how "special" you are every time you make your character move! Seriously, just look at how much of a whiny (Cause they won't stop b******* about stuff), ignorant (They know nothing about video game history and its teaching), and now, attention-seeking brats the 7th gen gamers have become.

If these are the faces of gaming, then I am ashamed to call myself a "gamer".

Well said mate, I agree 100%!!!

@stekim40

Oh look, two ignorant brats who pretend to know gaming history. Hey, a lesson: all games are about gratification and almost everything in games is meaningless self validation. This is much more true in the past when people like me played for high scores.

A brat is someone like u who gets worked up about how other people enjoy entertainment in order to construct an artificial sense of superiority.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#24Reflex-ArcPosted 4/10/2013 6:50:07 PM
Of course one could exercise their imagination and create their own goals and attach arbitrary numbers for their achievement.

Wait a sec... I just invented the next wave of the achievement phenomenon. Peer Set Achievements. You think it up and other number fans try to get 'em.

You're welcome game industry. I take payment in games.
#25Ghost_TurtlePosted 4/11/2013 1:26:15 AM
It just seems pointless not to have them. You have people who like them and people who dont. Why is it some people get so butt hurt over the idea (ie the pacman dude above). No one forces you to go after them. The system is there and has been since 2005. In an article last year, the big N stated they dont want devs to feel like they are forced to implement them in games. Is it so hard to come up with a system, and unlike M$ just say "This is our system, if you dont want it to be involved your games it dosent have to be"? It really is too simple, and whether people agree with it or not, it is a decision factor for most, including myself. Read my post above for more on my opinion on the whole factor b4 flaming.
---
What did the dad buffalo say to his son on his first day of school? By son. GET IT!?! BISON!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Silly Buffaloes. Roll Tide!
#26DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/11/2013 6:31:45 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Of course one could exercise their imagination and create their own goals and attach arbitrary numbers for their achievement.

Wait a sec... I just invented the next wave of the achievement phenomenon. Peer Set Achievements. You think it up and other number fans try to get 'em.

You're welcome game industry. I take payment in games.

U invented DnD? Kids need a serious education...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#27stekim40Posted 4/11/2013 6:45:28 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Quote:Pac12345 posted...
This is a a feature that people keep keep asking for. Why? I mean why is it so import to people? It's a f******, meaningless number! Deal with it people! You don't need to be told how "special" you are every time you make your character move! Seriously, just look at how much of a whiny (Cause they won't stop b******* about stuff), ignorant (They know nothing about video game history and its teaching), and now, attention-seeking brats the 7th gen gamers have become.

Well said mate, I agree 100%!!!

@stekim40

Oh look, two ignorant brats who pretend to know gaming history. Hey, a lesson: all games are about gratification and almost everything in games is meaningless self validation. This is much more true in the past when people like me played for high scores.

A brat is someone like u who gets worked up about how other people enjoy entertainment in order to construct an artificial sense of superiority.

You need to work on your grammar and spelling before you even begin to moan about others.

FYI I have been gaming since Christmas 1977 and barely a day goes by when I dont play a couple of games, I've forgotten more than you kids will ever know about gaming.
---
Xyzzy!
#28The_Shadow_LinkPosted 4/11/2013 7:33:26 AM
It seems odd that Nintendo doesn't have them when they have stamps and the like in Wii Sports Resort and Nintendoland.

Seems like they want to use them, but doesn't want a global console system for them?
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#29DemonDog666Posted 4/11/2013 7:52:06 AM
Pac12345 posted...

It's the journey not the destination. So yeah trophies/acheivements are meaningless but the challenges they represent aren't.
#30nonexistingheroPosted 4/11/2013 8:00:09 AM
I think achievements often hurt game design. Rather than actual rewards, you usually just get a stupid achievement and nothing else. And most unlockables are dumb s*** like concept art. Developers these days also seem to be afraid of letting players play around with their games, afraid players break or get aroud the rules/mechanics they set. Old games often had fun alternative cheats and modes, not anymore these days.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.