More bad news....

#51saleamaPosted 4/10/2013 7:37:35 AM
I think the WiiU sold alot more for the dump reason than you might think. I haven't bought one yet and I am not sure I will, but I do know for a fact that I do not buy nintendo consoles for any multi plat games. I also do not buy sony consoles for multi plat games. I buy Microsoft consoles for multi plat games but NOT for xbox exclusives. I have reasons to buy each one and I am not so sure my reasons should make a bit of difference to anyone but me. The WiiU might find it's way into my home when a few things happen. Those being the release of: Mario Kart, Pikmin, Zelda, Mario sports games, Mario RPGand I would LOVE a new Harvest Moon. Any JRPG's would be a bonus. With any luck, all of these things will combine into the perfect storm of a price drop. Until then, I will support which ever plat I choose based on MY reasons alone.

Things to get over:
PS4 - no bc. Not a big deal. Nothing else in life is backward compatable. Ever keep using your old backyard when you moved to a new house? All things have a shelf life. To expect a company to support something forever because you bought it is a rdiculous concept. Try finding parts for that old console tv at your grandma's house.

Xbox(720) - all the current rumors. Not official. Save your energy for May 21.

WiiU - not next gen. Next Gen is a life cycle, not a spec. The power of the machine is not the question. Because I am not taller than my father does not mean I am not the next generation. Is it as good as the other next gen consoles? Don't know, those are still in production and there are not too many folks who have seen them run. But I can't wait to have a bunch of fun finding out!
#52BadDecisionsPosted 4/10/2013 7:37:53 AM
Oh cool, the Wii U is getting current gen games that're also releasing on last gen systems.
So good.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLJJDRA-jQ
Rate and subscribe. Very good best videos all the day!
#53DaLaggaPosted 4/10/2013 7:51:38 AM
saleama posted...
Things to get over:
PS4 - no bc. Not a big deal. Nothing else in life is backward compatable. Ever keep using your old backyard when you moved to a new house? All things have a shelf life. To expect a company to support something forever because you bought it is a rdiculous concept. Try finding parts for that old console tv at your grandma's house.

This is absolutely absurd. Games are not worthless just because they're old or you have a new system. There is no reason why you should have to have several systems hooked up just to play your older games. Then again, maybe I'm just spoiled by the PC where I can play pretty much every PC game ever made on a single system and when I upgrade I don't lose my ability to play older games.

WiiU - not next gen. Next Gen is a life cycle, not a spec. The power of the machine is not the question. Because I am not taller than my father does not mean I am not the next generation. Is it as good as the other next gen consoles? Don't know, those are still in production and there are not too many folks who have seen them run. But I can't wait to have a bunch of fun finding out!

The whole point of looking forward to a next-gen system is because it always represents a generational leap in processing power which leads to new gameplay experiences that couldn't be experienced before. Releasing current gen specs in a "next-gen" system defeats the purpose because it's nothing new. You can define generations by sequential system launches if you want. But on a practical level, that means nothing and it reeks of desperation to defend Nintendo.

What people want from the next-gen is something that you couldn't get before and Nintendo is not delivering this. And tell me, if Nintendo suddenly announced that it was releasing a new system this year called the Wii U-2 with slightly better specs and new games that wouldn't run on the Wii U, would anyone seriously consider it to be a 9th generation system? The point is, while the Wii U may technically be an 8th generation system, in every way that matters it's completely a 7th generation system just like the Wii was a 6th generation system in every way possible.
#54tidusajcxPosted 4/10/2013 7:55:02 AM
WolfMasterZero posted...
I can't be the only one amazed at the fact that the Wii U board has more Wii U haters than people who actually like and bought the console

the people who actually bought the console go to miiverse for info on its games and the console itself.
#55ArmorWolf01Posted 4/10/2013 7:56:22 AM
Tons of great games coming out for the Wii U.
---
"When a man talks dirty to a woman its sexual harassment but when a woman talks dirty to a man its $4.95 a minute."
#56jsb0714Posted 4/10/2013 7:57:58 AM
BadDecisions posted...
Oh cool, the Wii U is getting current gen games that're also releasing on last gen systems.
So good.

Yeah, that never happened in any previous generation. Oh wait....what are you, 5-6?
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#57the_cajun88Posted 4/10/2013 8:02:47 AM(edited)
I can't be the only one amazed at the fact that the Wii U board has more Wii U haters than people who actually like and bought the console

That's how trolling works here.

There is ALWAYS a vocal "Nintendo is doomed" influx of crap whenever Nintendo does anything. console or handheld. We all know that they aren't going to fail anytime soon, even the trolls.

This board is worse than the Wii board around its release, though.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
[This signature was wiped at the request of a Moderator or Administrator]
#58BadDecisionsPosted 4/10/2013 8:08:26 AM
Yeah, that never happened in any previous generation. Oh wait....what are you, 5-6?

Guy, that's what I'm saying.
This is nothing exciting or worth mentioning. It's happened before. It'll keep on keepin' on.
Yapperdoo, it's finally getting a game!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLJJDRA-jQ
Rate and subscribe. Very good best videos all the day!
#59Jack_the_monke7Posted 4/10/2013 8:09:27 AM
trolls are so laughably pathetic.

"No one wants to buy a Wii U for these games!!!"

No **** no one wants to buy a Wii U for these games. We buy a Wii U for the first-party Nintendo games. Having games like Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed, Arkham Origins, and Splinter cell on the Wii U just saves us the trouble of having to waste money on a "720"/PS4. we can play all the great games on one system.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#60PigfartsPosted 4/10/2013 8:12:05 AM
Muryo posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
Yes. What's your point? Do you really think devs would rather focus on Wii U instead of PS4 and Nextbox? Wake up.

I am quite awake, that's why Ps4/720 are not of interest to me, the PS4's issues are deal breakers at least to me, and the 720's no need to comment.

BC and you can transfer is deal breaking? Obviously if you have digital downloads then you have a ps3, not sure why either of those arguements is deal breaking.

Last I checked the gamecube didn't play n64 games, and not n64 didnt play super nintendo games.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.