What the Wii U does need to be a better console?

#1WarioForeverPosted 4/10/2013 6:09:50 AM
Not counting lack of software...
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 4/10/2013 6:12:21 AM
a lot.
#3WarioForever(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 6:15:04 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
a lot.

But what? Please tell me.
#4HungoverHero777Posted 4/10/2013 6:17:15 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
a lot.

Oh my god, you're so deep I can't see you anymore....
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
Anyone with a Wii U or PC, BUY RUNNER 2!
#5fon1988Posted 4/10/2013 6:18:36 AM
Nintendo themselves have stated that the thing the Wii U needs to get going is more compelling software. Give the system time, with more games and more releases, and you will see this thing take off like the 3DS.
#6Rennik RepotsirPosted 4/10/2013 6:18:51 AM
I know you said "Not counting lack of software", but it's honestly the only reason I haven't ran out and bought one...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#7thundercat2600Posted 4/10/2013 6:33:51 AM(edited)
The whole launch was just a huge cluster**** in every way.

- failure of advertising. Many people don't even know it exists. Even more people are vaguely aware of it but don't know exactly what it is (is it a new controller? An upgraded Wii? Etc)

- most of the interesting games have missed the promised launch window (Pikmin, W101, Rayman, etc)

- most of the launch games are available on systems that people already own, and they offer no compelling reason to play them on Wii U rather than 360/PS3/PC.

I don't really know what Nintendo needs to do better. They already failed. I guess what they need is to "relaunch" the system with a price drop and a couple megaton must-have games, along with a huge advertising blitz.

But as it is, they have already squandered their head start this gen.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#8LonelyGoombaPosted 4/10/2013 6:33:26 AM
it is basically games.

And better advertising
---
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#9Alnilam81Posted 4/10/2013 6:35:50 AM
They need to sell people on the benefits of the new pad. Nothing has really shown the new pad as being anything truly revolutionary.

They need to do something to convince people that it genuinely is a 'next gen' system. Ports that run worse than the originals don't exactly help. The NFS:MW port is a tiny step in the right direction.

They need to give people exclusive experiences they can only experience with a Wii U.

They need to stop thinking offering old, and even to a certain extent even current, PS3 and 360 games is going to justify people going out and buying a Wii U.

They need some new, quality titles, period!

They need to market the damn thing properly, EVERYONE i have spoken to doesn't have a clue about the system, there is so much confusion within the general public, and considering it still seems Nintendo wants that crowd they have done a god awful job selling it to them.

They need to have an utterly amazing E3 with big releases coming out before the end of the year. To me, if E3 doesn't do anything to convince me i'll be selling mine straight after.
#10Round_DicePosted 4/10/2013 6:37:13 AM
Proper online features and infrastructure would be a good start.

Also something close to reasonable prices for digital releases would be nice too.