What the Wii U does need to be a better console?

#11ssjtrunk1Posted 4/10/2013 6:39:25 AM
A madden game too bad it will never happen
---
Today I have over 2800 karma.
#12Crazy_tank51Posted 4/10/2013 6:58:38 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
The whole launch was just a huge cluster**** in every way.

- failure of advertising. Many people don't even know it exists. Even more people are vaguely aware of it but don't know exactly what it is (is it a new controller? An upgraded Wii? Etc)

I'll semi-agree with you on bad adverts, but asking any employee at any store will quell any of those questions. Also the people who game often will know it's a new system.

- most of the interesting games have missed the promised launch window (Pikmin, W101, Rayman, etc)

Blame the developers for that, not the Wii U. Lemme guess, you also hate Valve for "Valve-time".

- most of the launch games are available on systems that people already own, and they offer no compelling reason to play them on Wii U rather than 360/PS3/PC.

If you do not own those systems but own a Wii U, that's plenty of reason (While I own PC, not buying those games because there are just as good games for less)

I don't really know what Nintendo needs to do better. They already failed. I guess what they need is to "relaunch" the system with a price drop and a couple megaton must-have games, along with a huge advertising blitz.

But as it is, they have already squandered their head start this gen.

How is that a relaunch? It needs games, that's it. A price drop will not help THAT much, look at 3DS, MK7 and 3D Land moved more units than the price drop. And advertising will mean nothing with no games.

Short and sweet: Wii U needs games, which will come.
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#13thundercat2600Posted 4/10/2013 7:22:29 AM
Crazy_tank51 posted...

I'll semi-agree with you on bad adverts, but asking any employee at any store will quell any of those questions. Also the people who game often will know it's a new system.

If people have to go into a store and ask the clerk what a Wii U is, Nintendo has already failed in advertising/marketing the system.

Blame the developers for that, not the Wii U. Lemme guess, you also hate Valve for "Valve-time".

Bottom line is they launched without enough compelling games. Nintendo should've gotten dev kits out sooner, lent some technical expertise, paid money, WHATEVER, in order to make sure they had a compelling launch lineup. That is Nintendo's responsibility.

And I don't see what Valve has to do with anything. They're not the ones trying to sell people on a new console launch (yet, anyway).

If you do not own those systems but own a Wii U, that's plenty of reason

Yeah, and how many people interested in ME3, AC3, Batman, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden, Darksiders 2, etc. DON'T own a PS3, 360, or gaming PC? Of those people, how many would go out and buy a Wii U in order to play them?

The number is vanishingly small. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

How is that a relaunch? It needs games, that's it. A price drop will not help THAT much, look at 3DS, MK7 and 3D Land moved more units than the price drop. And advertising will mean nothing with no games.

Price drop + renewed ad blitz + megaton game releases, several months after a lousy product launch, is what I would call a "relaunch". Call it whatever you want.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#14kingbadjoPosted 4/10/2013 7:29:39 AM
I guess what everyone is saying (even the troll that wrote that paragraph) is that they need more games.

Topic/
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#15The_DOAMPosted 4/10/2013 7:38:44 AM
Other than games more Pro controller support grew up with a standard controller. If the wii has taught me anything is that fancy controls don't add anything. In some cases even take away from the gaming experience.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#16DemonDog666Posted 4/10/2013 7:40:28 AM(edited)
Yeah it does... hardware wise it's in the same league as ps3/360 so no next gen gameplay advancements or multiplats for wiiU. Feature wise it's behind ps3/360, it has less apps, worse OS, no trophies/achievements ect. but the worst part is the online, tying your purchases to your system what the hell was Nintendo thinking.

Then we have the VC which is a massive cluster**** first of all you need wiimotes to even play them right now and if they do come out for wiiU you'll have to pay again to play them like you should been able to in the first place... so it's wait years or buy wiimotes and pay for the game twice..., the pro controller isn't properly supported and the tablet is such a waste it's only significantly useful feature is off tv play and even that is entirely situation and isn't even supported in all games...

I really can't think of anything it does legitimately better then ps3 at this point and ps3 is cheaper and has a better library so I don't see why anyone would buy a wiiU over a ps3 unless they are just a fanboy.
#17P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/10/2013 7:43:58 AM
http://youtu.be/6H-2QnT5GbY?t=28s
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Arkham City, Monster Hunter 3U
#18meiyukiPosted 4/10/2013 7:55:05 AM
The_DOAM posted...
Other than games more Pro controller support grew up with a standard controller. If the wii has taught me anything is that fancy controls don't add anything. In some cases even take away from the gaming experience.

I'm getting so sick of this, are so stupid now that we have to keep saying this and no one can figure out that the game pad has buttons on it? Here's what you just said, "I don't want a controller that has 2 analogue sticks, 4 shoulder buttons, 4 face buttons, start and select and a d-pad, I want a controller with 2 analogue sticks, 4 shoulder buttons, 4 face buttons, start and select an a d-pad."
#19levelmaster2Posted 4/10/2013 7:57:14 AM
I can't think of anything it would need to be better. I consider it to be the best console I own. I even traded away my 3DS yesterday to get more games for this.
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#20KaiRyusakiPosted 4/10/2013 8:03:27 AM
Michael Bay