So Ubisoft completley screws over Wii U owners, but all is forgiven now?

#11OlimarxPosted 4/10/2013 9:55:11 AM
Playing rayman in feb. would have been great, but unless your chained to your tv, there are infinite other things you could be doing. Really not a big deal. Aliens is a different story, Sim City and fifa 13, different stories. Ubisoft isn't known by me for quality, I'll pass on Ass Creed and Spliter Cell because they aren't very good games, but I'll still pick up Rayman someday.
---
My mission is to kill time, and time's to kill me in its turn. How comfortable one is among murderers. - Emile M. Cioran
#12BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/10/2013 10:21:40 AM
It was one incredibly dickish move and that's going to stay, but in the end we're still getting Rayman, it still has Wii U-exclusive features and they're probably even taking this time to polish it up (by the devs' comments its development was very hectic and full of pressure to make the deadline), so it's not too bad. Compare companies like Capcom and what they did with Megaman Legends 3 or EA and their treatment of Nintendo for not choosing Origin as their online software for the Wii U, it's nothing like that. Ubisoft's comments, their releases and ZombiU (which I bought a couple days ago and shows a lot of effort in using the Wii U's features) make me realize they truly believe in this gaming device and they don't just flock wherever the money appears to be going. I believe Ubisoft has always been the most successful third party developer on Nintendo consoles, incidentally.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#13MalifacentXPosted 4/10/2013 10:32:42 AM
Dude. It's just a game. Who cares if it goes to another system if you can play it on the one you wish to play it on?
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
NNID: MrKupka
#14AllstarJasonPosted 4/10/2013 10:33:04 AM
Heartless18 posted...
Losing an exclusive like Rayman Legends was a huge blow and a slap in the face to every Wii U owner. But it's cool because we're getting a completely butchered Splinter Cell and ANOTHER Assassin's Creed game?

People's memories must be getting worse, or their expectations are incredibly low.

I never get why people are upset over a console losing exclusives. Isn't it a good thing for games to be more accessible to people, regardless of console?
---
~Vancouver Canucks~
#15Maxx_the_SlashPosted 4/10/2013 10:39:26 AM(edited)
ChipChipperson posted...
I'd say its a fair trade.

We lose an exclusive game that get's delayed so that the other consoles can get it at the same time, which will cause the PS3 version to sell more as multi-plats tend to do (with a few exceptions, such as with Bethesda's games), whereas getting it first on the Wii U and letting the other guys wait would allow the Wii U version to sell more...

... So that we can get two games that are still in development at the same time as the other guys and the PS3 versions would still sell more copies.

No ****ing way is that anywhere close to a fair trade.

AllstarJason posted...
I never get why people are upset over a console losing exclusives. Isn't it a good thing for games to be more accessible to people, regardless of console?

It's good for the developer. It means nothing to us gamers, and it means everything to the company/console that used to have it exclusive (Nintendo and the Wii U in this case).
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#16PigfartsPosted 4/10/2013 10:41:07 AM
New Link posted...
GoombaX posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Losing an exclusive like Rayman Legends was a huge blow and a slap in the face to every Wii U owner. But it's cool because we're getting a completely butchered Splinter Cell and ANOTHER Assassin's Creed game?

People's memories must be getting worse, or their expectations are incredibly low.

Ok go ahead and don't buy 4 of the only wii u games worth a damn that have been announced. I'm sure nintendo will be glad (they wont)

Gamers need to stop being so sensitive.

i kinda agree with Kirby
Gamers nowadays really are way to sensitive.

I agree with Kirby a lot of the times, he's my favorite little rogue-poster on these boards.

"Oh no! I have to wait for the game I wanted most, now I don't want it anymore!" Seriously cry moar

/me brofists kirbyfan

kirby is funny I prefer thundercats posts though.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#17ssjtrunk1Posted 4/10/2013 10:47:05 AM
More current gen ports. I can not wait till next gen
---
Today I have over 2800 karma.
#18lostinhellviewPosted 4/10/2013 11:21:17 AM
I haven't forgiven ubisoft. Infact I HATE them now. Not because I wanted rayman THAT bad (because let's face it, it'd get boring after 5 minutes), but because they did this under 3 weeks to launch. I'm not supporting the demo and im definitely not buying the game, or anything ubisoft.
#19Bahamut_10thPosted 4/10/2013 11:23:59 AM
You really wanna know? Yes, all is forgiven. Because at least Ubisoft is releasing those games on the Wii U instead of going 'lulz Wii U is seventh gen' or coming up with BS excuses not to port key multiplats for it.
#20GoombaXPosted 4/10/2013 11:24:22 AM
Pigfarts posted...
New Link posted...
GoombaX posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Ok go ahead and don't buy 4 of the only wii u games worth a damn that have been announced. I'm sure nintendo will be glad (they wont)

Gamers need to stop being so sensitive.

i kinda agree with Kirby
Gamers nowadays really are way to sensitive.

I agree with Kirby a lot of the times, he's my favorite little rogue-poster on these boards.

"Oh no! I have to wait for the game I wanted most, now I don't want it anymore!" Seriously cry moar

/me brofists kirbyfan

kirby is funny I prefer thundercats posts though.

thundercats posts are to easy to anti troll though
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it