stock jump

#1rudgerlightPosted 4/10/2013 9:20:07 AM
Looks like Nintendo's stock so far has gone up more than 10% today. I'm trying to wrap my head around why though. Is this another day where news from Japan is affecting all Japanese stock? i.e. the Yen is weaker or something similar. Thoughts?
#2SalsaSavantPosted 4/10/2013 9:22:10 AM
Has anything notable happened in the last few days?
I know U sales have picked up a bit, but not enough to justify a jump that big.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#3NoelJVPosted 4/10/2013 9:22:23 AM
A company's stock price can fluctuate daily and that kind of increase is not unheard of. there could of been general economic news released for the video game industry that indicates a good outlook.
#4NarutoPosted 4/10/2013 9:22:46 AM
Time to sell! Sell! SELL!
#5KaiRyusakiPosted 4/10/2013 9:25:13 AM
because stock holders thought it'd be funny if they made the stock does what the companies most prized franchise does

im as funny as louis ck
#6NarutoPosted 4/10/2013 9:27:25 AM
You can jump in Pokemon now? Wow, Pokemon XY is quite the leap forward for the series.
#7rudgerlight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 9:31:57 AM
NoelJV posted...
A company's stock price can fluctuate daily and that kind of increase is not unheard of. there could of been general economic news released for the video game industry that indicates a good outlook.

Although it isn't unheard of, it has rarely happened to Nintendo stock in recent months without being directly linked to some other news. Last time this happened it was cause of the weakened Yen. This time, I have no idea. If there is general good news, what was it?
#8iKhanicPosted 4/10/2013 9:36:16 AM
SWEET. I own Nintendo stock.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#9rudgerlight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 9:37:35 AM
maybe?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/long-term-foreign-capital-returns-to-japan-stocks-2013-04-10
#10NoelJVPosted 4/10/2013 9:40:42 AM
rudgerlight posted...
NoelJV posted...

Although it isn't unheard of, it has rarely happened to Nintendo stock in recent months without being directly linked to some other news. Last time this happened it was cause of the weakened Yen. This time, I have no idea. If there is general good news, what was it?

Not sure I will have to look after work I was just speculating :)