What is the "U" for?

#1tadmfpolePosted 4/11/2013 3:07:30 AM
This is the most bizarre console name in video game history. The "Wii" was an odd enough name, and now "Wii U"?
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#2Oni_TaedoPosted 4/11/2013 3:21:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3Shadowbird_RHPosted 4/11/2013 3:22:37 AM
The same thing it stands for in "What will U play next?"
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#4LurkerLordPosted 4/11/2013 3:25:32 AM
Wii = We; U = You. Emphasis on multiplayer (Wii) and single player (U) experiences.
#5GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 4/11/2013 3:30:27 AM
It represents gamers that supported Nintendo hoping they were finally moving away from the drought of quality software and lack of 3rd party support the Wii had, but surprise! Nintendo made a U turn and went right back to the same old bull**** situation.

Hence 'U'. Its a U turn back to everything that made the Wii suck. Thats why Wii is in the title, its a U turn back to the same old crappy wii situation.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#6LimpanotPosted 4/11/2013 3:42:22 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
It represents gamers that supported Nintendo hoping they were finally moving away from the drought of quality software and lack of 3rd party support the Wii had, but surprise! Nintendo made a U turn and went right back to the same old bull**** situation.

Hence 'U'. Its a U turn back to everything that made the Wii suck. Thats why Wii is in the title, its a U turn back to the same old crappy wii situation.

lol.
#7X_Roxas_XPosted 4/11/2013 3:57:15 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...

Do you also turn 360 degrees and walk away?
---
NNID: Waaarg | 3DS: 3050-7742-1758
#8thundercat2600Posted 4/11/2013 4:01:14 AM
Underpowered.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#9sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/11/2013 4:57:20 AM
Nintendo said that it represents several things. It's obviously a play on the word "you" for starters; this plays into the "Mii" and "Wii" paradigm. It also represents things like "Universal" and other such marketing nonsense. I can't remember everything he said, but Reggie explained it in a Nintendo Direct a long while back.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#10Darkside_ShadowPosted 4/11/2013 4:58:25 AM
Itīs a stUpid name

I still manage to enjoy the console tho.