Guys why would I buy a WiiU when PS4 and Xbox720 are coming out later this year?

#61Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 4/11/2013 11:32:30 AM
It's all about the games.

When there's more support from game companies, and I see that there are a great deal of high-quality, interesting exclusive games for the system, I will buy that game console. The games can also be multi-platform, but unique in such a way that it's worth playing on a particular console over the others. Most-likely, people will buy games for specific systems so they can play together with family and friends online.
---
Praise Rainbow Mika
SSBB: 3652-6261-7096 + Mario Kart Wii: 2707-7247-9079 + Samurai Warriors 3: 0346-6035-0276
#62OniIchimaruPosted 4/11/2013 11:36:16 AM
Cause Wii U's gots Marios, systems only good whens it gots Mario's. (Some newb is going to get angry at my comment.)
#63Ex360Posted 4/11/2013 11:41:51 AM
Lego City Undercover.
#64SigmaHacielPosted 4/11/2013 11:42:35 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Do you like Nintendo games?

Yes? Buy a Wii U.
No? Don't.

This.

And with the 3DS getting basically all of the good RPGs lately, Wii U is looking hopeful with X.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#65DarthSchubertPosted 4/11/2013 11:45:40 AM
It feels wierd agreeing with Nintendo fans but... if you can afford to keep an up to date top-end gaming PC, there is no reason to get an Xbox. At all. And since I am not a Nintendo fan, I won't be picking up a Wii U since it's really a console for fans of Nintendo games.

That just leaves the PS4. I feel like I missed out on some PS3 excluses this gen (Demon's Souls, Uncharted, Resistance, Little Big Planet, Nino no.... whatever is, the white witch) and I'll probably want some sort of media box for my living room. So there you have it. PS4 wins! By default! BY DE-FAULT! BY DE-FAULT! BY DE-FAULT!
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#66BlueSophiaPosted 4/11/2013 11:56:37 AM
because both will have higher prices with worse support. Launch titles are never very good due to the lack of initial support values, meaning that even with the announced titles, the good games are often a good year behind. Neither company also have very good business practices which means what you get may not even be worth it.

Have you not seen the debates and speculations going on?
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#67QT31416Posted 4/11/2013 11:57:35 AM
I made 140k last year, I think I can afford to buy whatever I please when it comes to my entertainment.
---
i5-3570k | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | Vengeance 16gb | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Sabertooth Z77
#68nic1357Posted 4/11/2013 12:07:38 PM
NidhoggrG posted...
Can I play monster Hunter in them? a 1000+ hrs game?

No? then WiiU buddy.

pretty poor reason. monster hunter is good but its hardly groundbreaking and there's plenty of games on all platforms with 1000 hours of playtime in them.
#69ThatGuyZPosted 4/11/2013 12:08:52 PM
GloryChaos posted...
No. Buy whatever you want.

---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#70R_ChampPosted 4/11/2013 12:20:35 PM
Why would you buy a Wii U? Because you might want more than shooters on low-end PCs. Even all the good exclusive IPs were getting really stale for the 360 and PS3 this gen. Uncharted 3, GoW Judgment, God of War Ascension, and the like all started showing decreasing fan and reviewer support (Halo 4 should have, guess reviewers want the same game every year).

Will these series still sell? Absolutely, and because of that you won't be seeing much in the way of change...much like CoD.

Wii U is looking much more diversified. Sure that diversity isn't for everyone, but people boiling it down to "Nintendo games" are silly. Nintendo is actually getting some amazing third-party exclusives and teaming up for some interesting collaborations. Indie game support is also blossoming rapidly, and if you're not a buys-every-AAA-game-that-comes-out-every-year-then-sell-its-and-forgets-it type of person this is great news.

For people who are actually wondering (and not just Ponies trolling) this is a good article (well-researched) about upcoming Wii U games: http://nintendoenthusiast.com/12568/upcoming-wii-u-games/