Why yelling at the top of your lungs for ''MOAR GAMES NOW!!!!'' is a bad idea...

#1gameG3ni3Posted 4/11/2013 11:59:39 AM
Gaming companies are under more pressure than ever to give consumers what they want, and what consumers want now is ''MOAR GAMES!!!''. We need to realize that more isn't always better. When games get rushed, everyone suffers. Just look at the 1982 smash hit E.T.!!!(sarcasm), it was so bad they burried and crushed the remaining carts they had left because consumer backlash was off the charts. All sorts of companies you wouldn't expect were selling games back then...Quaker, Purina, etc. Using branding to sell us **** games destroyed our fav past time. Fastforward to now, and you can see the samething, just using a different gimmick. Gone are the days of good gameplay. Now you need only to use the shoulder buttons/triggers and the sticks to play 99% of the games out there. Everything is just mindless multiplayer dribble with a fresh coat of paint slapped onto last years hit, or a button smashing fest. The gameplay is irrelevant if the grafix are great, someone is swearing, and you shoot people. What happened to gamers??? What happend to games??? Are we in such a tight spot to be/feel excepted that we'll buy anything considered cool or tough even if it's boring and a straight up copy paste fest??? Do all game companies have to do to get our money is recycle a title and throw a number on the end of it???

I digress...

Screaming for more games now means less time spent on story, gameplay, and direction. There is a reason we are Nintendo fans...because Nintendo has always made us great games. Let them keep doing what they've always done and our fun factor will be through the roof!! Keep yelling for more, and we may just keep playing more of the same old garbage like they do on other platforms...because looking at some of the topics on this board, outsiders believe Nintendo fans care that we won't get GenricGame 42 because ExpensiveEngine 17 isn't coming to our system. I'll tell you what is coming to this system...Nintendo gameplay, and that's all that matters. . .

also, in b4 wiiusurance
---
NNID: Xenteros
Currently playing: LoZ:SS, NSMBU
#2Sailor GoonPosted 4/11/2013 12:01:08 PM
People arent screaming for more games. They're screaming for ANY games.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#3gameG3ni3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 12:04:20 PM
Sailor Goon posted...

Hmmm, Lego City is a game, and an awesome one at that. NSMBU, MH3U(although I didn't like it, some do), ZombiU...all good games you can't play anywhere else...(save MH3U but still need a Ninny con for it)
---
#4Schwepps01Posted 4/11/2013 12:12:20 PM
Not only are Nintendo's IPs badly aging, but they haven't really come up with any real reforms. The last 100 Marios are based off of Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Bros 3. The last few Zelda all have the OoT template, etc. Nothing every changes with these games. And they all take years to come out. What is this fabled "nintendo gameplay" of which you speak? On other consoles, both quality and quantity are delivered. I think the choice is obvious.
#5MD1500Posted 4/11/2013 12:19:55 PM
Sailor Goon posted...

In the last month on Wii U, we had

Lego City
Mon Hun
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Toki Tori
Bit Trip: Runner 2
#6IloveElitePosted 4/11/2013 12:23:11 PM
MD1500 posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

Lego City
Mon Hun
Toki Tori

Yes and its all pointless to some of us.

Lego city - No thanks, if I wanted to play with lego I'd buy a box of it
Mon Hun - Played Tri a lot on the Wii, can't justify dropping 45 on the same game with a face lift and a few more places.
NFS:MW - its a NFS game, need I say more? horrible arcadey racer ughhh
BT Runner 2 - not interested in this trash.

I've not bought a game since late Dec, my Wii U gathers dust and atm it was a total waste of money, I eagerly await Pikmin 3 or any other DECENT game.
#7Reflex-ArcPosted 4/11/2013 12:28:36 PM
It's really unfortunate that so many gamers are turned off by the Lego license. LCU is charming, funny, and very entertaining game. Gamers (of the un-jaded variety, at least) who are unwilling to give it a shot are doing themselves a disservice.
#8gameG3ni3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 12:31:32 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
Not only are Nintendo's IPs badly aging, but they haven't really come up with any real reforms. The last 100 Marios are based off of Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Bros 3. The last few Zelda all have the OoT template, etc. Nothing every changes with these games. And they all take years to come out. What is this fabled "nintendo gameplay" of which you speak? On other consoles, both quality and quantity are delivered. I think the choice is obvious.

I won't argue with quantity...but quality??? I played two games of quality over the life of my launch day PS3. Journey and MegaMn 9.

Zelda games AFTER OoT that weren't OoT templates: Majora's Mask, TP, SS.

I be intrigued to hear the quality games you're talking about.
---
#9SychinLegacyPosted 4/11/2013 12:32:45 PM
IloveElite posted...
MD1500 posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

Lego City
Mon Hun
Toki Tori

Yes and its all pointless to some of us.

Lego city - No thanks, if I wanted to play with lego I'd buy a box of it
Mon Hun - Played Tri a lot on the Wii, can't justify dropping 45 on the same game with a face lift and a few more places.
NFS:MW - its a NFS game, need I say more? horrible arcadey racer ughhh
BT Runner 2 - not interested in this trash.

I've not bought a game since late Dec, my Wii U gathers dust and atm it was a total waste of money, I eagerly await Pikmin 3 or any other DECENT game.

"THE WII U HAS NO GAMES NINTENDOOMED"

'Actually here's a list of pretty good games released just in the past few weeks'

"I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THOSE GAMES TOO KIDDY OR WHATEVER"

Hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Also every single surface and object in your home literally, and yes I a using the word correctly, literally collects dust whether you use it or not.
#10PigfartsPosted 4/11/2013 12:37:42 PM
gameG3ni3 posted...
Schwepps01 posted...

I won't argue with quantity...but quality??? I played two games of quality over the life of my launch day PS3. Journey and MegaMn 9.

Zelda games AFTER OoT that weren't OoT templates: Majora's Mask, TP, SS.

I be intrigued to hear the quality games you're talking about.

Then you must not have many ps3 games if you only played 2 quality games. Some games might not be to you likely but they are undoubtedly quality games.

heavy rain - one of the best looking games an any console
uncharted - not my cup of tea of high quality
gears or war on xbox.

quality is many things from graphics to gameplay to overall polish.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.