Why yelling at the top of your lungs for ''MOAR GAMES NOW!!!!'' is a bad idea...

#21xxthewitnessxPosted 4/11/2013 1:07:52 PM
Why is it such a hard concept that the TC can't inb4? You're the topic's creator! Everything you say in your op is an "inb4."

Also, justify it all you want, this board is great at it, but people are crying "moar games!" because there is an unprecedented lull in software releases for such a new console, it seems to be getting next to no current gen or next gen support. The wait for 1st party games is getting a little tiring.
---
"Bros before foes" - The death of free speech in gaming
#22_Izanagi_Posted 4/11/2013 1:08:09 PM
SychinLegacy posted...
IloveElite posted...
MD1500 posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
People arent screaming for more games. They're screaming for ANY games.

In the last month on Wii U, we had

Lego City
Mon Hun
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Toki Tori
Bit Trip: Runner 2

Yes and its all pointless to some of us.

Lego city - No thanks, if I wanted to play with lego I'd buy a box of it
Mon Hun - Played Tri a lot on the Wii, can't justify dropping 45 on the same game with a face lift and a few more places.
NFS:MW - its a NFS game, need I say more? horrible arcadey racer ughhh
BT Runner 2 - not interested in this trash.

I've not bought a game since late Dec, my Wii U gathers dust and atm it was a total waste of money, I eagerly await Pikmin 3 or any other DECENT game.

"THE WII U HAS NO GAMES NINTENDOOMED"

'Actually here's a list of pretty good games released just in the past few weeks'

"I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THOSE GAMES TOO KIDDY OR WHATEVER"

Hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Also every single surface and object in your home literally, and yes I a using the word correctly, literally collects dust whether you use it or not.

Lego City- Let's be honest. Nobody in their right minds should be playing a Lego video game. I've played a few and they are beyond terrible.

Monster Hunter- Port. I played the hell out of Tri. I'll wait for 4.

NFS- Port. Got it on PS3.

Toki Tori- This one looks good.

Bit Trip- Rhythm-based auto running platformer? What the hell are you people on?
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#23StickMen1090Posted 4/11/2013 1:08:25 PM
IloveElite posted...
MD1500 posted...

Mon Hun - Played Tri a lot on the Wii, can't justify dropping 45 on the same game with a face lift and a few more places.

i lol'd on how clueless you sound with this statement :P
#24DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/11/2013 1:08:27 PM
So many words to describe your own ignorance. Good job tc.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#25SychinLegacyPosted 4/11/2013 1:09:24 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
SychinLegacy posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
SychinLegacy posted...

'Actually here's a list of pretty good games released just in the past few weeks'

Also every single surface and object in your home literally, and yes I a using the word correctly, literally collects dust whether you use it or not.

That was not a list of good games released in the past few weeks, that was a list of EVERY game released in the past few weeks. Two ports, some OK Wiiware titles? WiiWare games aren't supposed to be able to hold up an entire console half a year in, especially "ok" ones. There comes a point where I'm forced to like a certain genre in order to like the Wii U itself. There is a big problem in this.

The Wii U's best rated games right now are all ports. I'd even include Super Mario Wii U as a port because of the fact that nothing has changed from that and its predecessors.

And yet no one complains that PS3 and 360's games are ports.

Why do you have to marginalize everything? A game is a game regardless of if it's a port or an indie game. If you don't personally like any of those games then that's ok. I'm not interested in Monster Hunter or Lego City so I won't be buying them. But you don't see me going around screaming "OMG THOSE ARE AWFUL GAMES". You also don't see me going around discounting that the PS3 and 360 have Bioshock because it's a port.

A game is a game. Stop trying to marginalize every little thing about the Wii U. It just shows how desperate you are to hate it. Or how bad of a troll you are. Take your pick.

Maybe I am giving the PS3 and Xbox 360 a pass because....um.....they're not supposed to be next-gen like the Wii U? I mean if the PS4 came out and all it had was s***ty ports of Wii games, it would be getting scrutiny out the whazoo. But apparently this behavior is acceptable for Nintendo to get old PS3 games? Please. And I never said Lego City is an awful game, but if say you don't like it, there isn't really any more variety to choose from.

So what was the PS3's launch like again? At least we know for sure you're trolling now.
#26gameG3ni3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 1:18:41 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
SychinLegacy posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
SychinLegacy posted...

That was not a list of good games released in the past few weeks, that was a list of EVERY game released in the past few weeks. Two ports, some OK Wiiware titles? WiiWare games aren't supposed to be able to hold up an entire console half a year in, especially "ok" ones. There comes a point where I'm forced to like a certain genre in order to like the Wii U itself. There is a big problem in this.

The Wii U's best rated games right now are all ports. I'd even include Super Mario Wii U as a port because of the fact that nothing has changed from that and its predecessors.

And yet no one complains that PS3 and 360's games are ports.

Why do you have to marginalize everything? A game is a game regardless of if it's a port or an indie game. If you don't personally like any of those games then that's ok. I'm not interested in Monster Hunter or Lego City so I won't be buying them. But you don't see me going around screaming "OMG THOSE ARE AWFUL GAMES". You also don't see me going around discounting that the PS3 and 360 have Bioshock because it's a port.

A game is a game. Stop trying to marginalize every little thing about the Wii U. It just shows how desperate you are to hate it. Or how bad of a troll you are. Take your pick.

Maybe I am giving the PS3 and Xbox 360 a pass because....um.....they're not supposed to be next-gen like the Wii U? I mean if the PS4 came out and all it had was s***ty ports of Wii games, it would be getting scrutiny out the whazoo. But apparently this behavior is acceptable for Nintendo to get old PS3 games? Please. And I never said Lego City is an awful game, but if say you don't like it, there isn't really any more variety to choose from.

But it's ok that all multiplats on PS3 are ****** 360 ports??? Explain this...all of the games that are ports on the Wii U have extra and enhanced content...if you call having ports bad, then your PS3 is terrible. GOW HD collection, MGSHD collection, Shadow of the Collosus, Okami, Splintercell Trilogy...all ports...I'm sure there's more, but that's 10 ports right there.
---
NNID: Xenteros
Currently playing: LoZ:SS, NSMBU
#27Soanevalcke6Posted 4/11/2013 1:19:42 PM
fissionprimer posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
IloveElite posted...

The rest of your argument, I'm fine with. But this is like saying "Uncharted- No thanks, if I wanted to play real life I'd just go outside"

You are ignoring a game because of its art style.

I have already played enough of the lego movie games to understand that i don't want to playanother lego game again, this games are not worth more that $10, my opinion of course, also lego city scores weren't that high to deserve a purchase.

See, THIS is a more reasonable reason. Learn from this guy IloveElite.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#28gameG3ni3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 1:22:36 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
So many words to describe your own ignorance. Good job tc.

Dang, you win. You managed to do it in only 11 words.
---
#29gameG3ni3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 1:25:18 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
fissionprimer posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
IloveElite posted...

The rest of your argument, I'm fine with. But this is like saying "Uncharted- No thanks, if I wanted to play real life I'd just go outside"

You are ignoring a game because of its art style.

I have already played enough of the lego movie games to understand that i don't want to playanother lego game again, this games are not worth more that $10, my opinion of course, also lego city scores weren't that high to deserve a purchase.

See, THIS is a more reasonable reason. Learn from this guy IloveElite.

You're right...I should throw grammar out the window and purchase games solely on review scores. You sir, have opened my eyes.
---
#30fhsfootball74Posted 4/11/2013 1:25:57 PM
IloveElite posted...
MD1500 posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
People arent screaming for more games. They're screaming for ANY games.

In the last month on Wii U, we had

Lego City
Mon Hun
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Toki Tori
Bit Trip: Runner 2

Yes and its all pointless to some of us.

NFS:MW - its a NFS game, need I say more? horrible arcadey racer ughhh
BT Runner 2 - not interested in this trash.

I've not bought a game since late Dec, my Wii U gathers dust and atm it was a total waste of money, I eagerly await Pikmin 3 or any other DECENT game.

You know they say opinions are like something....hmmm hows that saying go?
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
Blue Jackets, Bengals, Ohio State, Reds, and Columbus Crew Fan