people that've spent a lot of time with both the x360 and WiiU Pro controllers

#1beautifuldreamsPosted 4/11/2013 12:02:13 PM
my x360 controller that i use with my PC is wearing out, and before i buy a replacement, i was wondering if the WiiU pro controller might be a viable alternative.

so i was wondering if anyone with a lot of experience with both had any thoughts
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#2Prince ShondronaiPosted 4/11/2013 12:18:23 PM(edited)
It takes a little getting used to, having the right analog stick above the buttons, but it felt natural to me after only a short while. I can switch back and forth between the two easily, now.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#3sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/11/2013 2:01:18 PM
Just FYI, MadCatz had announced a Wii U Pro style controller with the Xbox stick/button positions. This probably doesn't help much, but I thought would mention it for anyone interested. No idea if it will ever see the light of day.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#4twistedreality1Posted 4/11/2013 2:03:17 PM
Only thing that throws me off is the abxy order
---
360-twistedreality6 PSN-twistedreality1 NNID-twistedreality
#5KaiRyusakiPosted 4/11/2013 2:04:36 PM
I think your first concern should be if the WiiU Pro controller can function as an XInput device
#6PraetorXynPosted 4/11/2013 4:32:46 PM
Seeing as how the WIi Mote and Nunchuk work perfectly fine with Dolphin, I'd just wait a month or so and see if someone figures out how to make the controller work with PC.
#7KaiRyusakiPosted 4/11/2013 5:03:40 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
Seeing as how the WIi Mote and Nunchuk work perfectly fine with Dolphin, I'd just wait a month or so and see if someone figures out how to make the controller work with PC.

Whoops, I was gone for a while

The thing is, Wiimote/Nunchuck isnt using XInput device. it's working natively with the wii emulator

many PC games uses XInput and that's something that could be a hassle to set up.
im sure dolphin will get updated to support it naturally which will be sweet
#8PendragoonPosted 4/11/2013 5:14:39 PM
sixdeadpixels posted...
Just FYI, MadCatz had announced a Wii U Pro style controller with the Xbox stick/button positions. This probably doesn't help much, but I thought would mention it for anyone interested. No idea if it will ever see the light of day.

I have yet to see a third party controller with no deadzones, so I'm not going to get excited. (360 layout is best for third person adventures like Batman AC or AC3, Wii U is best for shooters, parallel sticks just make for a better experience)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#9sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/11/2013 5:28:09 PM
Pendragoon posted...

I have yet to see a third party controller with no deadzones, so I'm not going to get excited. (360 layout is best for third person adventures like Batman AC or AC3, Wii U is best for shooters, parallel sticks just make for a better experience)

I have never bought a third-party controller, but since they were discussing their preference/familiarity with the Xbox controller layout, I thought it was worth a mention. I know a lot of people seem to like that controller/layout for whatever reason.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#10RockD79Posted 4/11/2013 9:47:56 PM
Remembering the old SNES layout vs the Xbox layout only took an hour or so. I played 3/4 of Assassins Creed 3 with the Pro Controller. The analog stick layout wasn't tough to get used to. What shocked me was 25hrs in I still had half of a charge left in the Pro Controller. Not too shabby.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider, next up: N4SU... unless Target.com fumbles my order.