How can Nintendo be more adult friendly?

#1CelestialMindPosted 4/11/2013 2:53:56 PM
Let's face it most adult gamers probably consider the Wii U a children's toy. The problem with Nintendo is despite claiming to be for everyone their main target is kids.

How can Nintendo prove they are for mature gamers too?

Should they make a hyper realistic military shooter? How about a hack and slash with lots of blood and gore?
#2GloryChaosPosted 4/11/2013 2:55:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0EAsc_Rjg
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#3wingo84Posted 4/11/2013 2:58:25 PM
GloryChaos posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0EAsc_Rjg

The music is just hilarious
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
#4DTY3Posted 4/11/2013 3:01:19 PM
Mature gamers wouldnt be asking this question. They'd be playing their games.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#5YamiYugi4400Posted 4/11/2013 3:03:58 PM
CelestialMind posted...
Let's face it most adult gamers probably consider the Wii U a children's toy. The problem with Nintendo is despite claiming to be for everyone their main target is kids.

Should they make a hyper realistic military shooter? How about a hack and slash with lots of blood and gore?

They could always start hanging out at "The Wash"

It's a hip new club for adults
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#6Shadowbird_RHPosted 4/11/2013 3:08:27 PM
It's plenty adult friendly as it is. If you mean teen friendly, then it'll need more gratuitous nudity and violence.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#7omescythePosted 4/11/2013 3:37:39 PM
its not always about the violence. if you can't understand that then your not mature. nintendo needs games where your givin choices. morality is put to the question. where you make hard choices that effect the game world and story. something that has a purpose to it. games like deus ex, fallout, metal gear solid, ect.. games that have more to them then just gameplay. the whole package.
#8rudgerlightPosted 4/11/2013 4:02:38 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
It's plenty adult friendly as it is. If you mean teen friendly, then it'll need more gratuitous nudity and violence.

This.

The only adults I know who say "Nintendo is for kids", tend to think all videogames are for kids. I don't know where these imaginary adults that scoff and say "Nintendo is for babies" supposedly exists. And if they do, they should know better.
#9Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/11/2013 4:04:17 PM
CelestialMind posted...

No, no....that won't do at all. To prove they are for mature gamers as well as younger audiences, they just need any of the following:

- Side-scrolling platformer games (with or without 3D models).
- RPGs that actually emphasize stats and/or roleplaying.
- M-rated games with substance to back up the "mature themes" (e.g. Metal Gear, Shin Megami Tensei)
- No reliance on blood-and-gore, graphic violence, and foul-mouthery as a selling point. Ecchi content is pushing it, but certainly far less offensive than the previous gimmicks.
- No AAA budgeting. It's just asking for it to bomb.
- Usage of various non-realistic art styles, such as shonen, bishoujo, western comics, paper cut-outs, retro sprites, etc.
- Most importantly: don't cater to insecure teenage boys. It's disgraceful.
#10ArabrockermanXPosted 4/11/2013 4:05:24 PM
Most adults don't see much difference between the consoles except for the manchild-ren of the market(which unfortunately this poor behavior is becoming the new norm).