Are there enough 'good' games on this system to justify a purchase at full price

#21DemonDog666Posted 4/11/2013 6:16:57 PM
TheCelticArcher posted...
I only downvoted, only for the possibility of you owning another modern gaming platform (PC, PS3, or 360). If you don't have access to those, or a decent gaming PC, then go for the Wii U.

he can just buy one of those instead of wiiU...
#22Reflex-ArcPosted 4/11/2013 6:23:15 PM
I think it depends entirely on your opinion and, to an extent, your pocketbook. NSMBU itself was enough for me to justify the cost of entry for me, and the other three retail games I've purchased (Scribblenauts, Sonic Racing and Lego City) have all been just icing on the cake.
#23GLDanzegoPosted 4/11/2013 6:32:06 PM
I believe so. I have 8 games that I find quite enjoyable, which seems worth it to me.
#24AstralFrostPosted 4/11/2013 6:40:04 PM
With its lack of games, poor performance and little on the horizon there is no way the Wii U is worth a purchase at full price.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#25TheCelticArcherPosted 4/12/2013 2:41:03 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
I only downvoted, only for the possibility of you owning another modern gaming platform (PC, PS3, or 360). If you don't have access to those, or a decent gaming PC, then go for the Wii U.

he can just buy one of those instead of wiiU...

If they want the Wii U, then they should go for the Wii U. There's going to be some cool games coming out for it, so if they can get the Wii U now, instead of a dying platform, then more power to them.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Fallout 3 (360), Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#26KAMMYqueenPosted 4/12/2013 3:02:56 AM
depends are there games you want? then yes buy the dang things so very simple
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
#27msunshinePosted 4/12/2013 3:04:47 AM
Depends on if you own the games you want or not
---
Current playthrough: 67 stars. Bundled games are NOT games sold!
#28JackalPosted 4/12/2013 3:40:15 AM
I voted not yet but it depends on what the purchaser wants to play.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#29DemonDog666Posted 4/12/2013 6:16:01 AM
If they want the Wii U, then they should go for the Wii U. There's going to be some cool games coming out for it, so if they can get the Wii U now, instead of a dying platform, then more power to them.

ps3 is old not dying, and pc certainly isn't dying considering there's no established gens, 360 I'll give you but even still there's way more value in it, why get a more expensive gaming device just to wait years for something to come out you want instead of just getting a cheaper one with tons of good games and getting the other one later down the line.
#30GensokyoPosted 4/12/2013 6:20:44 AM
I like how the retail price listed in the poll is considerably cheaper than what a Wii U can be found for where I live.