Maybe this is why the Wii U isnt selling well...

#1danny21Posted 4/11/2013 3:28:49 PM
The name. I can understand uneducated consumers not getting it, but when I hear teenagers asking if the Wii U is a new add on or controller for the Wii, you know its not being marketed right. I think parents were totally out of the loop thinking the same thing and only educated fans realized it was a whole new system.
Im sure by now, everyone is on the level with what the Wii U is, but there was a lot of confusion before release perhaps?
#2fissionprimerPosted 4/11/2013 3:32:54 PM
No, they said they same thing about 3DS and look it now.

Its about games and the price,
---
obvious sticky (;
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 4/11/2013 3:38:04 PM
never doubt the stupidity of the general public. tons of 3ds games were returned because the games "wouldn't fit in their ds." you can be guaranteed some fool bought a wii u game, tried to play it in his wii, then took it back to the store complaining it didn't load.
#4fissionprimerPosted 4/11/2013 3:41:54 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
never doubt the stupidity of the general public. tons of 3ds games were returned because the games "wouldn't fit in their ds." you can be guaranteed some fool bought a wii u game, tried to play it in his wii, then took it back to the store complaining it didn't load.

And then the storekeeper would explain that the game plays on this new console, duh!

The consumer sees the price and says "Mama mia too expensive!" and walks off the store without game nor console.
---
obvious sticky (;
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 4/11/2013 3:50:24 PM
fissionprimer posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

And then the storekeeper would explain that the game plays on this new console, duh!

The consumer sees the price and says "Mama mia too expensive!" and walks off the store without game nor console.

did you skim over my post or something? because i specifically said people HAVE bought 3ds games without actually owning one and then tried to play it in a normal ds and then attempt to return it. i seriously doubt employees are going to inform buyers these games can only be played on a new console every time someone buys a wii u game. i bet you anything someone has bought a wii u game without a wii u.
#6sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/11/2013 3:50:44 PM
"Wii" was an odd enough choice. "Wii U" is just confusing. I think the name, combined with the lack of marketing to explain it to consumers, was a bad move. Perhaps they figured that it would ride on the coattails of the Wii's success, no questions asked, and that advertising would be a waste of time. Complacency often accompanies success.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#7fissionprimerPosted 4/11/2013 3:57:23 PM
If people actually care or want to play a game the would do wherever it takes to make it run, i understand then situation but is still quite dumb actually, that's why nintendo should focus on hardcore gamers.
---
obvious sticky (;
#8pearl arowanaPosted 4/11/2013 4:35:58 PM
Nope
wii u is too weak. that is why.. other than the outdated touched pad, Wii U can hardly differentiate itself with ps3 and 360.. gameswise wii u games look like ps3/360 games..
i most cases ps3 and 360 are way better consoles than wii u..
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#9_Sovereign_Posted 4/11/2013 4:38:04 PM
If the "i" series of MP3s, phones, and tablets has taught us anything, it's that if somebody is interested enough in something, they will understand the difference.

The ONLY problem the Wii U has right now is lack of games....that's it. Not the so-called name confusion, not the price ( as this is the correct pricing structure for most new consoles, last gen being the exception), not the hardware itself...just the games.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#10Tauro_FcPosted 4/11/2013 4:41:24 PM
The wiiU isn't selling well because Nintendo is not marketing it properly.