Enough of this nonsense. This Call of Duty bashing ends now.

#1_Izanagi_Posted 4/11/2013 8:53:37 PM(edited)
It's a running gag that's gone too far now. I hear it all the time.

"What's a mature game on the Wii U?"

"Call of Duty."

"What? No. That's a game for kids and manchildren. Little kids and manchildren love to play these supposedly 'hardcore' and 'mature' games. They're so immature. And therefore, so is Call of Duty."

"You're so right. I should have known."

I didn't know that the people who played a game changed what the game was about. So if something happens where only a certain group of people play a game, that game will only be reserved for them? Say that suddenly, the majority of Australians start playing Mario games more than any other country.

American man: "Hey, want to play NSMBU?"

Canadian man: "Hell no. That game's for Australians."

American man: "Silly me. You're right. How about Kirby instead?"

Canadian man: "I'm with you there."

See how stupid that is?

Furthermore, Call of Duty is a military shooter where you kill a lot of people. It is a game that is Rated M. So it is a mature game. That is fact. It cannot be argued against. Little kids are into it. Big deal. It's not for little kids.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#2Virus66Posted 4/11/2013 8:52:37 PM
The hate for CoD will end about as soon as the hate for Nintendo will end. (it won't)
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#3Baha05Posted 4/11/2013 8:52:42 PM
Whine much? A lot of bashing really needs to stop period though.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4FF_FiendPosted 4/11/2013 8:53:58 PM
No one's saying it's for little kids. We're saying its for braindead tryhards that like buying the same game every year.

Don't get me wrong. Just because I'm on a Wii U board doesn't mean I consider NSMBU to be any different.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#5Reflex-ArcPosted 4/11/2013 8:55:04 PM
I like some Call of Duty. I also like some Patapon and some Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers.
#6YamiYugi4400Posted 4/11/2013 8:56:26 PM
FF_Fiend posted...
No one's saying it's for little kids. We're saying its for braindead tryhards that like buying the same game every year.

Don't get me wrong. Just because I'm on a Wii U board doesn't mean I consider NSMBU to be any different.

Or *gasp* people find the games fun
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#7ADHDguitarPosted 4/11/2013 8:56:58 PM
Call of Duty is a decent series that just happens to be painfully overrated and milked to hell. I mean I'm fine with them sticking to formula, but the series will actually get progressively worse with zero attention paid to some of its biggest problems.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#8FFXIgaiaknightPosted 4/11/2013 8:58:34 PM
The last truly revolutionary CoD game was Call of duty 4 since then they decided to just stick to what made 4 really popular instead of taking chances and really improving the formula. In all honesty i dont think we will actually ever get a call of duty 5 at this point lol.
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#9_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:59:32 PM
This topic wasn't meant for the ones that don't call Call of Duty as a game for kids. It was focused at the ones that do.

ADHDguitar posted...
Call of Duty is a decent series that just happens to be painfully overrated and milked to hell. I mean I'm fine with them sticking to formula, but the series will actually get progressively worse with zero attention paid to some of its biggest problems.

NSMB is the same way. The DS one was good, the Wii one was unnecessary, and the Wii U one was a cashcow. NSMB2 wasn't even good for anything. It should have been DLC.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#10ADHDguitarPosted 4/11/2013 9:02:16 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
This topic wasn't meant for the ones that don't call Call of Duty as a game for kids. It was focused at the ones that do.

ADHDguitar posted...

NSMB is the same way. The DS one was good, the Wii one was unnecessary, and the Wii U one was a cashcow. NSMB2 wasn't even good for anything. It should have been DLC.

The difference is that the NSMB series is actually fairly spaced out, and NSMBU actually made some improvements.

Also, how in the hell would NSMB2 be DLC for a 6 year old game on a different console?
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2