Enough of this nonsense. This Call of Duty bashing ends now.

#11evosthunderPosted 4/11/2013 9:04:18 PM
Funny, I thought most people hated CoD for annual releases and the online community.
---
I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.
#12Jaime_BennPosted 4/11/2013 9:04:27 PM
I'll stop bashing CoD when they take out lag compensation
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#13PendragoonPosted 4/11/2013 9:05:49 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Call of Duty is a decent series that just happens to be painfully overrated and milked to hell. I mean I'm fine with them sticking to formula, but the series will actually get progressively worse with zero attention paid to some of its biggest problems.

Once CoD started getting milked is when it went downhill. CoD4:MW was the last one with a soul, where the dev cared about what they were making. R.I.P. IW, may your Respawn treat you better.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#14Crazy_tank51Posted 4/11/2013 9:10:24 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
This topic wasn't meant for the ones that don't call Call of Duty as a game for kids. It was focused at the ones that do.

ADHDguitar posted...
Call of Duty is a decent series that just happens to be painfully overrated and milked to hell. I mean I'm fine with them sticking to formula, but the series will actually get progressively worse with zero attention paid to some of its biggest problems.

NSMB is the same way. The DS one was good, the Wii one was unnecessary, and the Wii U one was a cashcow. NSMB2 wasn't even good for anything. It should have been DLC.

Cuteness.

One game on one platform every 3 years (sans 2 and U) with small improvements and upgrades (inb4powerupdoesnotcount) is the same type of cashcow the yearly release of a game that is as close to the same game from last year. Who knew?
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#15_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 9:14:23 PM
Every year? 4 came out in 2007. MW2 came out in 2009. MW3 came out in 2011. It came out in small increments and had changes. How is it different than NSMB? Other than the having changes part, which NSMB did not have.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#16elheberPosted 4/11/2013 9:18:48 PM
My nephew doesn't play my Luigi's Mansion because it's for kids. I told him it's for everyone, not just kids. His collection is full of "M for Mature" titles, while mine is full of E, T, and M despite being waaaay older than him.

There's a reason all the kids in kid commercials are older than their target audience.

CoD is only mature due to the graphic violence, not due to deep and complex mature themes. Games like CoD, which I'd label "superficially mature", don't require a mature mind for it to be fully grasped. Games I would really call mature are games like Spec Ops: The Line and Papo & Yo.

This isn't to say CoD isn't a good series; it is. MW1 and 2 are among my favorite games of this past generation. I just wouldn't say mature is the target audience. On the surface, maybe. But deep down, no.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#17PendragoonPosted 4/11/2013 9:20:57 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
Every year? 4 came out in 2007. MW2 came out in 2009. MW3 came out in 2011. It came out in small increments and had changes. How is it different than NSMB? Other than the having changes part, which NSMB did not have.

Cod has been yearly since 2005,

2.3.4.WAW.MW2.BLOPS.MW3.BLOPS2.MW4
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#18anon_firePosted 4/11/2013 9:53:52 PM
I think that the only way for the "hate" to stop is to find out what the final Call of Duty game will be.
---
NNID: alaz21
#19slyman19Posted 4/11/2013 10:47:45 PM
I have bought CoD every single year since I got my Xbox 360 in 2005. I also enjoy Mario, Zelda, Minecraft, the old Resident Evils, and Lego City. People need to get it into their thick skulls that CoD is fun and not mindless. You`re not brain dead, a manchild, or immature in anyway for liking CoD.
#20SoeroahPosted 4/11/2013 11:33:20 PM
I'm sorry, this is the Internet.

It doesn't matter what you feel about anything, it's terrible and you should, by many accounts anyway, die in various violent ways for liking whatever topic is currently in question.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.