I'm very impressed! My Wii U stays ice cold after 8 hours of gaming!

#1ShadowkhNinjaPosted 4/12/2013 2:06:31 AM
Both my PS3 and even Xbox 360 (which I sold) used to get so hot after just a few hours of gaming that I swear you could cook a steak on it lol.
Then the fans and vents would get so loud it sounded like a jetplane getting ready for takeoff.

So I played Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for about 8 hours nonstop and never let my Wii U rest or turned it off during this period of time.
The fans hardly made any noise, actually the fans made the same noise they made when I first turned the console on 8 hours prior.

My PS3 starts with low noise for the fans but then they get incrementally louder.
This is not the case with the Wii U.

When I finally turned off my Wii U I put my hand on the side, the back and the top and it felt COLD! O_O

Reminded me of those extreme gaming pcs with awesome cooling systems on them that never allowed the PC to overheat.

I don't care what anyone says.
The Wii U IS NEXT GEN because current gen consoles all get hot and noisy as hell after 8 hours of gaming.

the Wii U is beast in sheep's clothing and no one recognizes this yet but don't worry because I'm sure it will surprise everyone all of a sudden one day.
---
"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
-Snake Plissken-
#2AstralFrostPosted 4/12/2013 2:11:04 AM
So a 3DS port of a Wii game didn't make your Wii U hot? Nice. Not sure how you got 8 hours of gaming though, considering the gamepad's battery life.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#3squatch22Posted 4/12/2013 2:16:07 AM
AstralFrost posted...
So a 3DS port of a Wii game didn't make your Wii U hot? Nice. Not sure how you got 8 hours of gaming though, considering the gamepad's battery life.

ITT: the gamepad can't be plugged in.
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#4ShadowkhNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 2:18:17 AM(edited)
AstralFrost posted...

the PS3 gets hot playing Minis or PS1 games.
The Xbox gets hot playing small indie games.

Anyway I usually keep my gamepad attached to the charging cable or I just switch to a Pro Controller while letting the gamepad charge.
---
-Snake Plissken-
#5FFXIgaiaknightPosted 4/12/2013 2:17:23 AM
AstralFrost posted...

its called playing while its plugged in or he is playing with one of the other control options the game uses...
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#6AstralFrostPosted 4/12/2013 2:18:00 AM
squatch22 posted...
AstralFrost posted...

ITT: the gamepad can't be plugged in.

Well I suppose it has to be since it won't last 8 hours.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#7CaiusIcePosted 4/12/2013 2:20:29 AM
So next gen is now determined according to the consoles heat?
#8wingo84Posted 4/12/2013 2:21:25 AM
I've noticed this. No matter what games you play the console stays chilled, cool and calm
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
#9noutBrPosted 4/12/2013 2:22:39 AM
Topic Title
I'm very impressed! My Wii U stays ice cold after 8 hours of gaming!

I honestly expected some kind of joke about how you were gaming on a PS3/360 for 8 hours and your Wii U was ice cold.

Disappointed.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#10ShadowkhNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 2:23:07 AM
wingo84 posted...
I've noticed this. No matter what games you play the console stays chilled, cool and calm

Yeah I'm really loving it.
I used to hate it when my PS3 would get really hot and noisy especially during the summer months.

The Wii U really has a great cooling system going on with like vents on the side, underneath and the back and like 3 strong fans keeping it nice and cool.
---
-Snake Plissken-