Wii U is like the ONLY console with NO RESET BUTTON?!?!

#11godslayer61Posted 4/12/2013 6:41:17 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
WTF?!?!?

The only way to hard reset or restart your Wii U when it Freezes it to unplug the power cable???

How the F*** did this become ok to do?
Since the beginning of electronics I have learned that you NEVER disconnect this way.
What was Nintendo thinking?

There should be some sort of hard reset or reset function.
Like holding down the Power button for 30 seconds or holding the disc and power button together hard resets or something.

This absurd that we are required to unplug a console when it freezes.

Guess next time my PC freezes I'm unplugging it from the power source and disconnecting it from the wall >_>

no my ps3 only has a eject and power button and no reset button on the console and i dont consider holding the power button down cause that also resets my settings to factory.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#12SpillardPosted 4/12/2013 6:46:04 AM
False! Reset button is on the gamepad.
---
If I go to work, who's going to play all my games?
#13DarkAdonis123Posted 4/12/2013 6:46:55 AM
I'm pretty sure the 360 has no reset button.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#14Sez6Posted 4/12/2013 7:06:45 AM
godslayer61 posted...

no my ps3 only has a eject and power button and no reset button on the console and i dont consider holding the power button down cause that also resets my settings to factory.

Wrong. It doesnt reset your settings, it just turn off your PS3. The only issue is that sometimes the controller lost their sync so you must sync again.
#15FuNsH1nEPosted 4/12/2013 7:09:56 AM
I think the real question is: which console HAS a reset button?
#16PigfartsPosted 4/12/2013 7:19:35 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
WTF?!?!?

The only way to hard reset or restart your Wii U when it Freezes it to unplug the power cable???

Since the beginning of electronics I have learned that you NEVER disconnect this way.

Like holding down the Power button for 30 seconds or holding the disc and power button together hard resets or something.

Guess next time my PC freezes I'm unplugging it from the power source and disconnecting it from the wall >_>

Maybe its like a PS3, if it freezes the best way to unfreeze it is to eject the disk and put it back in, much better then hard reset or pulling the cord.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#17NikraPosted 4/12/2013 7:22:43 AM
Pigfarts posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
WTF?!?!?

Maybe its like a PS3, if it freezes the best way to unfreeze it is to eject the disk and put it back in, much better then hard reset or pulling the cord.

When the Wii U freezes, you can do absolutely nothing, except for unplugging it.
#18Paddle008Posted 4/12/2013 8:40:44 AM
They want the Wii U to unexpectedly trap you in System Updates to prevent hacking, disabling the power off function makes it so that unplugging during an update will brick the Wii U.
#19Virus66Posted 4/12/2013 8:53:08 AM
huyi posted...
Nikra posted...
A reset button wouldn't help on a freezed Wii U either.
What the Wii U missed that the Wii have, is when your Wii freezes, you just hold Down on the On/Off button for 3 seconds and the Wii will restart Again.
that doesn't Work on the Wii U. :-(

Because they removed it which was a stupid thing to do, the ps3 slim is the same, console freezes you have to pull the plug, not very good for hard drives that has moving parts in it.

Ok, I have a ps3 slim also and that is not true at all. Do you mean the "super slim" model? Even last night, I was playing Terraria and it froze on me. All I have to do is tap the power button and after a few seconds it will beep a few times and power down. I've NEVER had to unplug my PS3 due to a system freeze.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#20NarutoPosted 4/12/2013 8:56:58 AM
The PS3 slim doesn't reset after holding the power button? Are we talking about the old slim or the new slim? My old slim hasn't frozen yet, but I've had it for less than a year (my launch PS3 died last year).