Petition for Phantasy Star Online 2 to be released on Wii U

#21BahamutRiderPosted 4/14/2013 3:29:53 AM
First we have to have PSO2 actually get a western release before we can give a damn about what platform it's on.
---
Haseo: C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, I'm right here...TAAAAXIIIIIII!!!!!
#22EternalWolfPosted 4/14/2013 3:44:37 AM(edited)
Simple way of putting it, so I dont feel the need to respond again.

Windows 7 is worse than 98(?) because it cant run Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. ATI cards are better than nVidia cards because Rogue Squadron 3D only works with ATI Cards on newer systems. Even if that ATI Card is trash in comparison to a GTX 680, its still better because it runs Rogue Squadron 3d.

If the games arent optimized to run on the systems properly then they arent going to run better on systems they were optimized to run properly on, its that simple. The logic that you use is no different than saying the Wii U is not as powerful as the PS1 because it doesnt run Final Fantasy VII or Metal Gear Solid. Why doesnt it run those games? Because those games werent made to run on the Wii U, let alone better than the PS1 versions. The developers of Superman 64 can come alone and port those games to the Wii U, with two days to do it and then the game will be released in that form on the eShop. If it doesnt run better than the PS1 version I guess according to you the Wii U is weaker.

Games that are optimized to run properly on the Wii U and have a competent staff behind it do run well on the Wii U, sometimes better than other versions in both performance and graphics fidelity. Games that are not, do not, but that doesnt mean that they wouldnt be better if they had the proper staff(original developers) and a proper amount of time to port the engine over along with the game assets. When a game gets outsourced to a company with no experience developing said game and only a few months to finish to get it done, it likely wont be better even if the hardware behind it says it should.
#23Sad_FacePosted 4/14/2013 4:18:39 AM
You also have yet to mention anything relevant about the CPU or GPU bottlenecking each other. You dont know how good or bad the Wii U CPU is because you dont know the architecture behind it or, at the very least, have any benchmarks. You would probably take a 8 Core AMD CPU at 3.4 GHz over a Quad Core Intel running at 3.0 as well, just because of higher clocks and more cores.

Okay, in the defense of Gamer's lack of evidence on that issue,

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/17/wiiu-memory-story/
#24AiuchiFanboiPosted 4/14/2013 8:24:21 AM
No offence but your going to have to play the JP version on PC or Vita if you want this game.

SEGA has been acting and using language lately in reguards to the NA PC release that all but confirms that its been canceled, which would mean that their is zero chance it will be coming to the west at all, on any platform.

Its not a done deal, but as a SEGA fan, I have gone through about 20+ cancelations of games and all of them went the same way that PSO2 PC is going, which is why I ended springing for the Vita version.
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/NID/ Psikyo till the day I die
#25Gage59(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 10:51:07 PM
Wow my mistake I seriously thought pso had a good fan base. Personally it was one of my favorite games. Now I am playing the new monster hunter, Im brand new to the series and I am liking it that whole living off the land thing and making your own items is nice. Still I was such a huge pso fan, monster hunter has big gaming shoes to fill. :D
---
Nintendo ID: Infinitybit_KZ
Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
#26tuznecotePosted 4/14/2013 10:53:54 PM
It would take abit more than a petition. That thing is online and looking after that online service cost loads. Sega aren't going to do this unless billions sign that petition. Hell they haven't even bought the PSO1 out yet in Europe.
#27AiuchiFanboiPosted 4/15/2013 5:30:53 AM
Gage59 posted...
Wow my mistake I seriously thought pso had a good fan base. Personally it was one of my favorite games. Now I am playing the new monster hunter, Im brand new to the series and I am liking it that whole living off the land thing and making your own items is nice. Still I was such a huge pso fan, monster hunter has big gaming shoes to fill. :D

Oddly enough. PSO sold more here in the US then it did in Japan, but its SEGA, the absolute worst most inept bunch of idiots ever assembled.

They will spend 70 million on a fork lift emulator, that only makes them 15 million, and cancel games that are guaranteed cant miss hits.
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/NID/ Psikyo till the day I die
#28IlluminoiusPosted 4/15/2013 5:32:59 AM
lol english patch
#29darkqueenhelbaPosted 4/15/2013 8:18:33 AM
When are we getting a release date on this? Should have one by now...
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#30GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 4/17/2013 9:31:36 PM
StarBladeEdge posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
EternalWolf posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Anyone that wants to play PSO2 is already doing so on the JP servers with a full english translation patch (for the menus, chatter, and even the story)

Nobody that is really into PSO gives a damn about the inevitable 'hand me down' english release that will no doubt be gimped to hell.

Just play the JP version. It won't be coming to any platforms outside of smartphone, Vita, and PC. They canceled the console versions for ps3 and 360 before it even left the alpha phase. Its not gonna happen.

Every developer out there recognizes the Wii U for what it is: a poorly implemented highly bottlenecked piece of hardware that only had nintendos needs in mind when it was designed, and is really only good to sell nintendos own games.

Anyone that hasn't resigned themselves to the fact that software wise its gonna be a repeat of the wiis software drought and meager 1st party game drip, is in complete denial.

No data, facts or specs in any way shape or form to come to the conclusion that part of the hardware is bottlenecking another and yet you say this.

As for PSO2, your right.

Bottlenecks for devs:

- slow as hell CPU, with an ass backwards architecture that forces devs to rebuild a game from the ground up for Wii U for it to even run halfway smoothly (see: every 3rd party port thus far that looks worse than versions on other hardware and has a worse framerate)
- slow as hell RAM bandwidth (even compared to ps3, 7 year old hardware. PS4 ram bandwidth makes the Wii U look like a fisher price toy from 20 years ago in comparison)
- small as hell hard drive (weaker potential for DLC sales, which is a big deal to 3rd parties these days. No, they don't care that you can go buy one. They base their decisions on the stock hard drive. The smallest ps3 hard drive is 150 GB,if they even make that model anymore. Now its like 300GB for the same price as Wii U. Just sayin)

The current climate of the industry DEMANDS that hardware makers develop similar hardware, that is very easy to develop for, and fully accommodating to developers needs. Nintendo decided to ignore this, because they are arrogant and only thing about their own wallets.

Wii U is going to be a repeat of the wii, they shot themselves in the foot and made it too costly to port games or multiplats to the platform. No doubt a few really rich publishers will try once (EA, etc) but as we've seen the 3rd party games are selling insanely bad and not even remotely close enough to even recoup the costs of bringing it to the platform.

3rd party support as is, is almost non existent, and even what little is there will be dropping off a sheer cliff in a very short time due to the lack of consumer support for the 3rd party efforts.

It is what it is.

get a job

- No real counter argument
- Make random nonsensical ad hominem

You're a real winner alright
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie