Grabbing a WiiU tomorrow. What else do I need?

#31Caliaztec(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 9:57:08 AM
I appreciate every response :p
---
Playing Marvel Heroes(Beta), Ni No Kuni, XCom, Persona 4, Code of Princess, Tales of Abyss.
PSN: Caliaztec --- 3DS Friend Code:1134-7395-5895
#32RemembrentPosted 4/14/2013 10:04:03 AM
Patience. Get a game now, a game later, etc. Things are slow now, so don't get too worried.
#33GoatJuicerPosted 4/14/2013 10:57:04 AM
Caliaztec posted...
I appreciate every response :p

You probably shouldn't

1 Wii Remote (2 if you want to play NSMBU together)
1 Nunchuck
1 Classic Controller Pro - for Smash Bros and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

You don't really need a WiiU Pro Controller for anything
Buy it if you want it
#34SocranPosted 4/14/2013 3:30:13 PM
GoatJuicer posted...
1 Nunchuck

Two remotes and two nunchucks are required if they want to play all possible permutations of Nintendo Land together. Metroid Blast is pretty fun with both players on foot. It also helps if they plan on getting some Wii games to play on it.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#35Bacca7Posted 4/14/2013 6:09:41 PM
ive found the Nyko charge card that plugs into any USB to work great for my gamepad... it was convenient for me...
#36SuperPlatanoPosted 4/14/2013 6:17:33 PM
When I bought my Wii U deluxe last month I bought with it:

-2 Wii Motion Plus Controllers
-1 Nunchuck
-1 Classic Controller Pro
-New Super Mario Bros U
-Super Mario Galaxy

So far, I don't see a need for the Pro Controller. (Quick question: Are the buttons on the pro controller analog or digital?)
---
Every Villain Is Lemons.
http://www.backloggery.com/superplatano
#37GoatJuicerPosted 4/14/2013 10:03:29 PM
Socran posted...
GoatJuicer posted...
1 Nunchuck

Two remotes and two nunchucks are required if they want to play all possible permutations of Nintendo Land together. Metroid Blast is pretty fun with both players on foot. It also helps if they plan on getting some Wii games to play on it.

Nintendo Land does a good job of making my game stack slightly taller, and there aren't many games that require a nunchuck for two players
It's not like the shelves will be baron of these
#38SocranPosted 4/14/2013 11:00:40 PM
GoatJuicer posted...
Nintendo Land does a good job of making my game stack slightly taller, and there aren't many games that require a nunchuck for two players
It's not like the shelves will be baron of these

I disagree. I, Baron Shelf von Shelfenson, think Nintendo Land is one of the greatest things the Wii U has to offer, and many reviewers agree that it's the "unexpected gem" of the console. Particularly if TC plans to play together with his wife a lot.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."