Nintendo Wii U Storage Expansion FAQ V2.0

#11cyberpikPosted 4/15/2013 9:17:59 AMmessage detail
Sticky requested...

Re: eShop Demos...

Looking at the list...I believe you're missing info for Runner 2 and Chasing Aurora.

AFAIK, Runner 2 Demo is no longer available...I do have both and will have a look once I get home.

I presume I can get the info in the system settings...?
#12TCaC04(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 9:20:51 AMmessage detail
cyberpik posted...
Sticky requested...

Re: eShop Demos...

Looking at the list...I believe you're missing info for Runner 2 and Chasing Aurora.

AFAIK, Runner 2 Demo is no longer available...I do have both and will have a look once I get home.

I presume I can get the info in the system settings...?

Really? Thank you, much appreciated.
---
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4
#13JackalPosted 4/15/2013 9:37:09 AMmessage detail(edited)
Who in the world would fill a 3tb drive with games? That's should last for the entire life of the system and beyond! :)

*Sticky requested*
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#14mmc2679Posted 4/15/2013 10:53:42 AMmessage detail
Good job TC. Very helpful. One request...could you add something about the USB flash drive expansions??? I don't wanna buy a separate hard drive since I am not too big on digital games. I think another 32gb would suit me perfectly. Any tips on which flash drive to use would be most appreciated. Thank you.
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Wii U ID: Crimson
#15Shiggy_MiyamotoPosted 4/15/2013 11:41:06 AMmessage detail
Lego City Underground is my favorite game.
---
Yeah I made Mario. You might have heard of it.
#16ThePCElitistPosted 4/15/2013 11:47:23 AMmessage detail
No 3TB support? Fail. I had a 1 TB HDD and it simply wasn't enough space for anything practical. The 2 TB range is a good middle ground but it won't last too long.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#17Fr0sty-Posted 4/15/2013 11:53:32 AMmessage detail
ThePCElitist posted...
No 3TB support? Fail. I had a 1 TB HDD and it simply wasn't enough space for anything practical. The 2 TB range is a good middle ground but it won't last too long.

I have a real hard time believing anyone can fill 3TB of games for the Wii U so I don't think that's necessary let alone even 1 TB.
---
Currently playing - FE:Awakening, Xenogears, Dota 2, Bioshock, Tomb Raider, ICO & SoC collection
#18cyberpikPosted 4/15/2013 12:53:53 PMmessage detail(edited)
As promised...

eShop demos:

BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm – 563 MB
Chasing Aurora – 35 MB

Runner 2 demo is no longer available as far as I can tell...it was only up for a very brief period.
#19TCaC04(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 1:00:28 PMmessage detail
mmc2679 posted...
Good job TC. Very helpful. One request...could you add something about the USB flash drive expansions??? I don't wanna buy a separate hard drive since I am not too big on digital games. I think another 32gb would suit me perfectly. Any tips on which flash drive to use would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Sure thing. I will definitely add USB Flash Drive support as well.

ThePCElitist posted...

You probably missed it. It clearly states that the after last Wii U firmware update, it allowed for 3TB HDDs to be used.

cyberpik posted...
As promised...

eShop demos:

BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm – 563 MB
Chasing Aurora – 35 MB

Runner 2 demo is no longer available as far as I can tell...it was only up for a very brief period.

Once again, thank you for your contribution cyberpik. Don't know how I missed those. I will add those to the list.
---
#20TCaC04(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 1:17:53 PMmessage detail
As promised for mmc2679;

USB Flash Drive Support

Will USB Flash drives work with the Wii U?

Yes, they will work. I tested both the following USB Flash Drives and they work. The Wii U was able to read and write to both drives. The 64GB should up with a total of 62GB of storage available. For flash drives, I highly recommend anywhere from 16GB and up for storage since most games are more than 5GB in size.

These were the following flash drives that were used for testing.

SanDisk Cruzer 32 GB USB Flash Drive
SanDisk Cruzer 64 GB USB Flash Drive

I also linked a video I found on youtube regarding flash drives

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSF6qC4XeGQ

Hope this helps!
---