If Nintendo made a crazy powerful system for $500 would you get it?

#1kingbadjoPosted 4/15/2013 10:38:29 AM
If the wiiU was as strong as the PS4 and had a similar price tag (let's say around $500) would you still get it?

I actually wouldn't. I'd probably actually quit console gaming and focus all my attention to PC gaming. I'm not poor or anything but seriously... $500 for a system and then $60-$70 per game. No thanks. No matter how pretty it looks. I'll wait till it gets a second or third price drop (probably near the end of the gen) before buying something like that. Which is what I'll be doing with the PS4 I think. That way my games would cost around $20.

So would you buy a powerful Nintendo system for $500?
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2wingo84Posted 4/15/2013 10:41:17 AM
No
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
#3TrueBlue91Posted 4/15/2013 10:41:59 AM
As long as the Nintendo logo's on the box, they'll cough up as much money as it takes.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#4mashuPosted 4/15/2013 10:42:10 AM
Sure. Not at launch though (still don't have the Wii U - waiting for the games I want on it). The same would be true with this hypothetical system and will also be true with the PS4. Show me games I want, announce a few more too, then I want and get the system.

FWIW I don't do PC gaming. I don't like western-style games for the most part. There's not that many I like, and there are also not that many Japanese-developed PC games (PSO2, yes, ok, I want this). That's why I at least don't balk at $500 console systems, if they have the games I want - I by and large don't and won't get them on a PC.
#5BuretsuPosted 4/15/2013 10:43:44 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
As long as the Nintendo logo's on the box, they'll cough up as much money as it takes.

Its funny because you can replace 'Nintendo' with 'Apple' and it'll still be 100% accurate.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#6TrueBlue91Posted 4/15/2013 10:45:52 AM
Buretsu posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

Its funny because you can replace 'Nintendo' with 'Apple' and it'll still be 100% accurate.

Agreed. Stick that stupid Apple logo on anything and the sheep will flock to it and cough up absurd amounts of money for backwards technology.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#7Prince ShondronaiPosted 4/15/2013 10:50:55 AM
Zelda, Mario, Smash Brothers, and Nintendo's other IPs would still be coming to the system, so yeah, I'd buy it.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#8AsuirPosted 4/15/2013 10:54:12 AM
Of course people would buy it. Anyone that's bought a Wii U and says no is lying to themselves and everyone else.
---
Ftw!
#9linkumsPosted 4/15/2013 10:55:17 AM
Not for $500. $350 was pushing it for me.
---
Latest post: "5 Ridiculous Gaming Couples That Could Totally Work"
http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com
#10kingbadjo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 10:55:30 AM
Asuir posted...
Of course people would buy it. Anyone that's bought a Wii U and says no is lying to themselves and everyone else.

Go away. This topic is for a productive conversation.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.