Sales 16% worse for March

#1FPS_hitmanPosted 4/15/2013 5:30:55 PM
Article from gamespot:

A price cut will not help accelerate Wii U sales, according to Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter. In a note to investors today ahead of the NPD Group's March sales report Thursday (via Games Industry International), the industry diviner forecasted Wii U sales at 55,000 units during the month, a 16 percent decline over February's reported haul of 64,000 units.

This downturn will continue, Pachter said, even if Nintendo decides to cut the Wii U price.

"The only key hardware device to underperform our expectations was the Wii U numbers and its fortunes appear unlikely to improve for several months, even if Nintendo decides to drop price, as there are an insufficient number of core titles that are generating interest in the console," Pachter said.

Pachter said core gamers are "far more likely" to turn their attention to the PlayStation 4 and the next Xbox, which is believed to be unveiled next month and on sale alongside the PS4 this holiday. Moreover, the long-term appeal of the Wii U will be "severely limited" by the perception that the PS4 and next Xbox will be more capable devices, he argued.

On top of this, if Sony and Microsoft decide to sell their next-generation platforms on a price-competitive level with the Wii U, this could spell even further trouble for Nintendo, Pachter said.

"Should the new consoles from Sony and Microsoft be price competitive, we think that Wii U sales may continue to stagnate," he said, noting that Microsoft may offer a subsidized Xbox 720 that could be introduced at a lower price than any other console in history.

Overall, Pachter said he expects March industry sales for the United States to be up 1 percent thanks to the release of a handful of high-profile games like Gears of War: Judgment, Tomb Raider, and BioShock Infinite
#2Enigma149Posted 4/15/2013 5:32:31 PM
You heard it here first, folks: Pachter's word is now fact.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#3DDP886Posted 4/15/2013 5:32:57 PM
I'd say between 50 and 75k units
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#4BuretsuPosted 4/15/2013 5:33:13 PM
Enigma149 posted...

Aww, man, does that mean that the 3DS is now retroactively crushed by the Vita?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#5FPS_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 5:33:53 PM
Oh and yeah before the patcher comments:

Wedbush Research topped the Barron’s-Zacks charts as the Top Stock Picker for 1H 2012 for all 3 eligible categories. There’s much to be said about an Equity Research Team who’s triple repeat performance

Just google the firm. Highly respected and award winning. They know more about stcoks and products then any of you ever will so dont try " patcher is wrong whaaaaa!" junk.
#6FPS_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 5:35:18 PM
Damn had two windows open and tried to post the second post right after the first and fanboys already jumped in before I could thats CRAZY!
#7Enigma149Posted 4/15/2013 5:39:10 PM(edited)
Buretsu posted...
Enigma149 posted...

Yes. Also, the Wii really only sold 19 million units, so four out of five of us are going to have to return ours.

FPS_hitman posted...

Wedbush Research topped the Barron’s-Zacks charts as the Top Stock Picker for 1H 2012 for all 3 eligible categories. There’s much to be said about an Equity Research Team who’s triple repeat performance

Just google the firm. Highly respected and award winning. They know more about stcoks and products then any of you ever will so dont try " patcher is wrong whaaaaa!" junk.

I'm going off of this comment that Pachter himself made

"I don't think I've gone a week without having an incorrect prediction..."

And his incredibly un-reliable track record. For example, he predicted the Wii wouldn't break 20 million...it did. He predicted a Wii HD would be released in 2010. It wasn't. He said the 3DS would be crushed by the Vita. It crushed the Vita. He said a price drop on the 3DS wouldn't work, and that games like MK7 and SM3DL wouldn't draw gamers to the system. They did.

Notice a pattern here?

He also said the Wii U would flop...then said it would succeed. He reversed his opinion three more times before finally settling on "fail".
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#8BuretsuPosted 4/15/2013 5:35:58 PM
FPS_hitman posted...

Okay. Let's just ignore Pachter's track record of being completely wrong about all things video game related.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#9squatch22Posted 4/15/2013 5:36:53 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Buretsu posted...
Enigma149 posted...

Yes. Also, the Wii really only sold 19 million units, so four out of five of us are going to have to return ours.

FPS_hitman posted...

I'm going off of the "I'm wrong once a week" comments that Pachter himself made.

Lol
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#10FPS_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 5:39:36 PM
Buretsu posted...
FPS_hitman posted...

Okay. Let's just ignore Pachter's track record of being completely wrong about all things video game related.

So an award winning firm and professionals that do this for a living or..... fanboys? I wonder who might be right or wrong?