In your opinion, which is the worst generation of gamers?

#1Pac12345Posted 4/16/2013 4:50:57 AM
Which would you say is the generation that is most detrimental to the gaming industry? - Results (1175 votes)
First generation (The generation who never thought gaming would become a thing)
2.04% (24 votes)
Second generation (Precursor to the gaming crash of the 80's)
2.13% (25 votes)
Third generation (The one who experienced the rebirth of the gaming industry)
1.19% (14 votes)
Fourth generation (The one who experienced the golden age of gaming)
3.66% (43 votes)
Fifth generation (The one who only knew 3D gaming onwards. Also experienced the rise of adult oriented games)
6.98% (82 votes)
Sixth generation (The one who grew up on multimedia and other features apart from gaming)
13.45% (158 votes)
Seventh gen (Current generation. Saw the rise of western gaming, as well as the rise of the online multilplayer games)
62.98% (740 votes)
Neither.
5.7% (67 votes)
Other. (Please specify)
1.87% (22 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally, I see the fifth and sixth generations as the worst of the bunch. While the seventh gen is often seen as a bad one, I think that they are only the result of the trends started by the 5th and 6th generation of gamers. More specifically the 6th gen who began making raw power more important than game play and glorified non-gaming functions in home consoles. On the other hand, none of us knew back then how the industry would turn out in 10 years, nor did we know about the rise of smartphones and tablets
#2PoppaKroganPosted 4/16/2013 5:01:03 AM
Anyone that claims gaming was 10x better in the 90s.
---
I knew we forgot someone...you.
#3SoeroahPosted 4/16/2013 5:08:29 AM
Current, in my opinion. I still enjoy games as much as I used to, I just miss when gaming systems were about gaming and not about all these others things they are adding for multimedia and social gaming and whatnot. To say nothing of DRM and overpriced/over-prevalent DLC.

Oh, and before the Internet became so wide-spread I barely heard anything about console wars, so the community must have been automatically better.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#4pokemonfreak97Posted 4/16/2013 5:14:50 AM
I think sixth. It wasn't until sixth that there started being so much emphasis on how many other things a video game console could do. Maybe I want a game console that I know most (or all) of the development cost (and what I'm paying for when I buy it) actually goes toward features I'll use. I don't care if it slices and dices and whatever, I want it to play video games, and good ones.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#5shaunmePosted 4/16/2013 5:26:45 AM
Whatever gen
Squatch
Baha
Buretsu

Are from.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#6monkeyspoonPosted 4/16/2013 5:33:44 AM
shaunme posted...
Whatever gen
Squatch
Baha
Buretsu

Are from.

Lol. I doubt they are even gamers. They spend far too much time trolling to be able to play games too.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon. Can't wait for the PS4 to be released. WiiU fanboys are so deluded.
#7monkeyspoonPosted 4/16/2013 5:41:57 AM
I'd say the worst gen was the current gen.

It's the gen with lots of hardware failures (360), gamers being targeted by hackers (PS3) and being aimed so much at the casuals and abandoning core gamers (Wii).
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon. Can't wait for the PS4 to be released. WiiU fanboys are so deluded.
#8Crazy_tank51Posted 4/16/2013 6:10:12 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
shaunme posted...
Whatever gen
Squatch
Baha
Buretsu

Are from.

Lol. I doubt they are even gamers. They spend far too much time trolling to be able to play games too.

If they're trolls, what does that make you?

And pretty much it's a tie between 6th and 7th. The 6th gen kids are going to be hitting their teens/early adult stages by now and speak nothing of what happens when the kids of this gen who grow up on CoD, DRM, and DLC do the same...
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#9darkqueenhelbaPosted 4/16/2013 6:13:29 AM
I'm from the 2nd. I have at least an appreciation of ALL games. Not something I find on a regular basis from these later generation gamers...Perhaps that's just me, but it's a rare occurrence for me to run into a "gamer" that has no problem picking up and playing just about any game.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#10shotgunheadshotPosted 4/16/2013 6:14:54 AM
I voted other because their is no bad generation of gamers. Leave people alone.