Gamecube + WiiU?

#1mMarikomPosted 4/16/2013 11:35:59 AM
I'm looking into getting a WiiU. I have a first Gen Wii I pretty much only use for brawl, VC and gamecube games though I've been building up a decent library and got Xenoblade. While I collect my systems I gave my gamecube away to the goodwill (once i got my wii i pretty much didnt use it) and with a WiiU I'd probably get a cheap Gamecube and do the same to my wii. How much would I be spending on wiiu peripherals and stuff? I also hear gamecube component cables are pretty expensive...
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#2SychinLegacyPosted 4/16/2013 12:02:11 PM
It sounds like it's going to be cheaper for you to just keep your Wii and use that as your makeshift Game Cube. It will be cheaper because the WIi and the U share many peripherals like the Wiimotes/Nunchucks themselves, component cables, and sensor bar. You wouldn't have to buy anything extra really, where as if you bought a new Cube you'd have to buy controllers (didn't say if you still have them for Brawl play or not) and systems on ebay/amazon may not have component cables included and can be expensive like you said.

As far as U peripherals go there really isn't anything necessary. Pro controllers are nice to have if you want to play multiplat games with friends but other than that they are just an inferior game pad. No point in getting them just for single player.

So economically I'd say your best option is keep your Wii and use that as your Game Cube. But if you want to be a good person and donate your Wii to charity then go ahead and do that and buy a Cube. It will probably be more costly to you though.
#3SSJ4CHRISPosted 4/16/2013 12:20:58 PM
Really, just keep the Wii and save yourself a few bucks. It's a lot of run around to just buy another Gamecube and give away all the Wii stuff you can use with your Wii U and as a Gamecube. Think that through a little bit first.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 White 2 FC: 2924 7399 0619 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.