Why does everyone care about Earthbound?

#31HungoverHero777Posted 4/17/2013 10:49:29 AM
Darkside_Shadow posted...

But the cool thing was that MiiVerse made it happen. So ima spam it until Super Mario Sunshine is being announced.

This. This proves that Nintendo actually looks at Miiverse and takes fans' wants/suggestions under consideration.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#32mahboiPosted 4/17/2013 10:51:10 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...

But the cool thing was that MiiVerse made it happen. So ima spam it until Super Mario Sunshine is being announced.

This. This proves that Nintendo actually looks at Miiverse and takes fans' wants/suggestions under consideration.

Of course, that's not always a good thing....
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 59
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#33HungoverHero777Posted 4/17/2013 10:53:26 AM
mahboi posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...

Of course, that's not always a good thing....

Of course it wouldn't always happen. There would have to be a HUGE demand for it, hence EarthBound.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#34Vipa1985Posted 4/17/2013 11:06:03 AM
A lot of people started caring about the franchise after Smash Bros introduced Ness to a whole new generation, kind of similar to the effect Pit had for Kid Icarus fans of the character wanted to know more about the game series he originated from..

I'm happy that it's coming out on VC since living in the UK we never got this title (among many others) so i'm looking forward to playing it legit on a console & who knows like with other games that have had re-releases maybe the original copies will get reduced in price because of this...

Like with any game that's got a cult following some people will be fanatical about it whilst others won't see the hype, i say let the fans have their day & heck if it sells well it might make Ninty think twice about releasing Mother 3 or any further titles in the franchise over here in the west...

The only thing that annoys me is the fact that fans have had to use Miiverse or a petition (Operation Rainfall) to actually get the message through to Nintendo that people want these type of games, luckily Nintendo seems to eventually get the hint whereas other companies don't
#35ryudin89Posted 4/17/2013 11:10:17 AM
Another day, another TC that thinks his opinion speaks for everyone when it clearly doesn't.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#36Limelight788Posted 4/17/2013 11:13:54 AM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
I don't get the appeal of Earthbound either, but let it go.

Let the Earthbound fans have their win. They're allowed one.

This.

Fans have begged and cried for the game to be released on the Virtual Console. Earthbound fans have been subjected to so many years of disappointment that bad news were considered a normality. I was even convinced myself that NoA hated Earthbound and wanted the game to be forgotten.

Now we're finally getting something we've wanted, something that shows that NoA at least cares about the franchise. This is a cause for celebration and everyone who wanted this on the Virtual Console should be able to celebrate that their long wait will soon be over.
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Pichu, Deoxys, Genesect, Samurai Goroh, Roy, Mach Rider, Isaac, Ray, Mega Man for SSB4.
#37lionheart5656Posted 4/17/2013 11:16:53 AM(edited)
I love Earthbound and even I don't get it.

Especially since they censored the balls off it in the American version and are changing it even more the the VC release.

I think it's because they want to feel good by buying it legally on the console.

Luckily I own the cart from back when it was super cheap and can emulate it all day.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#38Sir_HaxorPosted 4/17/2013 11:19:44 AM
lionheart5656 posted...

Especially since they censored the balls off it in the American version and are changing it even more the the VC release.

I think it's because they want to feel good by buying it legally on the console.

Luckily I own the cart from back when it was super cheap and can emulate it all day.

Proof that they're changing the WiiU release. 90% of Earthbound fans have emulated the game. We're still buying it bro.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#39lionheart5656Posted 4/17/2013 11:21:10 AM
lionheart5656 posted...

Proof that they're changing the WiiU release. 90% of Earthbound fans have emulated the game. We're still buying it bro.

Good for you and your made up statistic.

I'm not dumb enough to pay for the same game twice.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#40Sir_HaxorPosted 4/17/2013 11:23:19 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...

Good for you and your made up statistic.

I'm not dumb enough to pay for the same game twice.

That's cool. I'm still buying bro :). When my relatives get a WiiU I will purchase it for them too, regardless of whether or not they play it.

Long live Earthbound.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board