Zero Punctuation Reviews Lego City Undercover

#21pokemega32Posted 4/17/2013 10:47:31 AM
The Hero Of Time posted...
Sorry, but if I want to watch someone get angry about a game and complain about it in a humorous way, I'll watch the Angry Video Game Nerd. He's actually enjoyable to watch and doesn't have to rely on choosing a recent popular game to do it.

Please explain how reviewing old games is somehow more difficult to do than reviewing new games.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#22Wiiplayer111Posted 4/17/2013 10:54:21 AM
I like his "reviews". He pretty much just dumps on whoever makes it and 3/4 of the mechanics in the game.

The only time he hasn't was like... Portal.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#23DTY3Posted 4/17/2013 11:11:32 AM
The vids are funny but never try to use one to make a point.

You will lose all credibility.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#24Oni_TaedoPosted 4/19/2013 7:13:01 AM
I haven't watched it, but I'm willing to bet it's something a little like this:

Yahtzee talks about other games for a moment.
Says he would rather review something else.
Mentions how the game is on a Nintendo console.
Whines about something miniscule, like how Mario's hat isn't green, or why he can't just float off into space, or how are the Foot Clan still around when they've shown time and again how incompetent they are, or something else that isn't remotely related to the game he's being PAID to talk about.
Makes lame jokes, and tries so desperately to avoid actually talking about the game.
Makes some more jokes, of varying quality.
Briefly mentions two or three things about the game.
Ends on a high note.
Credits.

Like clockwork.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#25Oni_TaedoPosted 4/19/2013 7:22:43 AM
DTY3 posted...
The vids are funny but never try to use one to make a point.

You will lose all credibility.

My only problem with his ¨reviews¨, is that he gets paid for them, while there's some actually good reviewers out there that only get two things, jack, and squat, and jack left town.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#26_Sovereign_Posted 4/19/2013 7:30:30 AM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Rasputin77 posted...
Oh boy... a Yahtzee review on THIS board? I'm not so sure some of them can handle it. =/

Do you really have anything better to do than visit this board every day just to flip your e-peen around and reassure yourself that you're not a virgin? You could always go outside, its spring now.

It's better to ignore him for the simple fact that he never adds anything to any conversation. Just wasted space making sure the world knows he exists.

On topic, I can't wait to watch this review!
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#27usfslackerPosted 4/19/2013 7:36:26 AM
I'm honestly about to stop watching his reviews on games published for Nintendo consoles. Whenever he reviews a PS3 or 360 game, we get 5 minutes of cleverly worded and genuinely funny jokes about idiosyncrasies found within the game, shoddy mechanics, weird animations or quirky story points. Whenever he reviews a game that even has a Wii U or 3DS version, its 4 and a half minutes of the same anti-Nintendo jokes he's told since he did his first ORIGINAL Wii review and 30 seconds kind of devoted to the game he's been paid to actually review.

I don't care if the guy gets off to Nintendo jokes. I've heard a fair number of them that are funny as hell, but the same exact, tired and mostly BS jokes for the last 4 years? Move on or just don't do Nintendo games.
---
PSN ID: USFSlacker86
No, that is not true at all. Something = good is either true or false. It is not construed as an opinion. -Conker
#28Darkside_ShadowPosted 4/19/2013 7:44:58 AM
He is making jokes. And sarcasm is simply not understood by everyone.
It´s like Chapelle talking about crack.

It´s not supposed to be taken seriously. He is trolling etc etc.
Why this is hard to understand baffles me. It´s like a serious defect in some peoples brain.

If he is funny or not is subjective. Does he have some good points even objectively. Yes.

Wooooooosh amirite?

---
I come to the internets to post stuff.
#29SlimeSwayzePosted 4/19/2013 7:55:48 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
pokemega32 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
I know, but they're not funny. They're like American Pie and Scary Movie. The creators think they're funny, a ton of people think they're funny, but there's really absolutely nothing funny about it.

ITP: Humor is objective.

It should be.

If everyone had a personality like you, well, I'd rather be dead than live in such a world.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#30Baha05Posted 4/19/2013 8:01:04 AM
I thought these videos were more comedy then a legit review
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U